Common Denominator?

MrWonderfull

With the recent relocation of the sisters Lanning (Scarlet and Ann Marie) and the move of the Stones (Rachel and Leah) to Riverdale and arch rival Lorretto this causes one to think about the possibility that the so called honeymoon period at Lawrence Co with the coaches might be coming to an end. It is well documented in their (the two together) history that it only takes around 2 years before people get tired of their actions and the way they treat people. Just wondering if these recent two moves of 4 girls could have anything to do with the head dog or dogs as it is in this case.

Before long Lawrence Co. will not only regret the day they ran Stacie Childress out of town, but they will also have to back up a truck, hook a couple of 20 lb. chains up, and pull Willie Joiner out of the grave that they burried him in to ever regain the state championship form of what once was a great high school program now reduced to just decent.

As hard as it may be for some people to comprehend, sometimes families make their decisions about things that deeply affect their entire family's future based on things other than girl's basketball. Regardless of what that decision is, or why they made it, it would seem that it is a decision that is their business and theirs alone.

Coach T,

I agree with you overall, but nevertheless, where there's smoke ...

Before just summarily dismissing the entire issue, it would be interesting to know the particulars.

Did all four girls leave the program at (or close to) the same time?

Did they move to another town or city? Was the move job related for one of their parents?

There are certainly a lot of non-basketball variables that could play a role in the girls leaving the program ... but there are also two sides to every issue. If four young ladies left the team all around the same time, it would at least give cause to check into the situation I would think.

GovMan

Guest gilessf

Coach T your response seemed out of context for you . You say it not about basketball but a lot of it is . Rachel Stone and her sister left before the season , Scarlett Lanning and he sister left mid season . These 4 young ladies are all quality players and people and their leaving will have a great affect on this years team and for years to come . These kind of people leaving the program will raise eyebrows , and yes the people that are wanting to bash the coaches will probally jump on board . And before you ask me what bussiness of mine it is , it's none . But this is my opinion and mine alone . The Wilds are 2 of finest coaches and people I have met and would love it if my daughter played for them . It is obivious that they have won everywhere they have been and always will win big with talent .Win at all cost is a hard road , some people will appreciate more later in life and some people will just say it was hard .Still the experience of high school basketball should be fun , my own problem and one shared by a lot of other people in this state is if you don't win it ain't no fun . Some will say where there is smoke their is fire , only time will tell . Good luck Lawrence Co. , circle the wagons and hope you finsh strong . :rolleyes::x