White County Coaching..Or Whatever They Call It

thespoiler

"Ya'll is whacked man. Slatten DID have born b-ball talent when he won da state wit tha Vikings. Who couldn't win a class A championship wit a future NBA loto pick in the lineup? Unless White County can get dem a Kirk Haston shizzone-clone, dey'll never win tha big one."

I laughed for like 10 minutes just from reading that!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself to be a huge critic of Slatten's and of any coach at White Co. for that matter though. I get on here and say exactly what I think and I do it without any bashing. I have been on Slatten all season saying he isn't getting the most out of all his players and I still don't know if he is getting the best out of them yet. However, like I said I am a critic not a Slatten hater so I'm happy to give credit where it may be due. I'm happy to say that it seems like the guys are improving some right now. I watched the riverdale game and thought the guys lost by bout 18 they were not outta the game till bout the 4th. I was happy to see that Riverdale had far superiour athletes at most positions but we were still able to play with them, and I think could be capalbe of beating them. I know they lost to Lebanon but they played them closer than most people thought. I wasn't there for either game this weekend but like I said it seems like Slatten may be slowly moving in the right direction. Now we just have to see if its the coaching getting them there or simply the players improving. I hope its both! Good luck the rest of the season.

One more thing-like I mentioned riverdale had some great athletes (england especially). That coach really needs some help cause that potential isn't being touched.

Well Knight, I assume that your post was directed to me, but I actually do not understand it. What do you mean by not so nice name? I have been on CoachT for a while and actually the post I made on here was my 1st post. About using Slatten's full name-I was simply meaning that when we get on here and discuss coaches we all know who they are and we remain anonymous. Not to fair if you ask me, I think we should be forced to use real name and it might cut out some of the smart remarks!

Well Knight that is not my not so nice name, but I will tell you what it is tomorrow morning at school. I think some people need to chill out on here. This site is for fun, not to make people mad or start stupid arguments. Just thought I would let Viqueen know, when you signed up for this and got your username you had the option of using your name and obviously you choose not to, so don't harp on the rest of us for being anonymous. ;)

White County played one of their better games Friday night against Lebanon. They only lost by 5 points. They played to a full gym and it really helped boost their moral. They played like a team and yes I think they are getting better. Remember their starting 5 are all juniors so maybe we can expect even better things next year if they all stay! Qualls should get tougher next year and they are expecting 2-3 inches over the summer in heights from him. White County could prove to be a good team next year. By the way, not bashing Coach Slatten, the T that he got Friday night I heard was totally uncalled for. Someone that was sitting close to the bench said that he really didn't say anything. Does anyone know for sure? They played well against Riverdale also, it was very close until they had to start fouling to try and get the ball. England against England was good, although J. England had height against S. England, he held him down to only 6-8 points, I think and that was really low for J. England.

[Edited by bbfbfan on 1-13-03 7:47A]

I usually try to stay out of the whinning and complaining about the White Co. coaches but Sat when we played Tullahoma I noticed something that confused me. We were about 4 minutes into the 1st quarter and had only scored 8 points. All 8 points came from one player! Then Coach Slatten took that player out of the game! Why would you put the only player scoring for you on the bench? Now I'm not a coach, I don't claim to be nor do I want to be and I'm sure if you asked he would have a good reason for doing what he did but it just seemed odd to me.

Also, what was with that T that he got called on him? Does anyone know what he did to deserve that?

These boys are a good bunch. With no senior on the team I believe that next year will be a good one for White Co basketball. Keep your heads up boys...you are doing great! I support you all the way.