Hunter's Lane Football ........ Now what?

ripnrun

Can anyone inform me of what the process of hiring a new football coach will be? Who is on the hiring committe? Principle, AD, Teachers? Does anyone think that senior players, ex-players, or people with football knowledge should be included in the decision making? What about ex-head coaches? Seems like I heard that non-football personell makes the decision lots of times. What criteria is used for determining a choice in Metro? Seems like some questionable choices have been made recently. Just wondering.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladiator1

Which job is the best for immediate success? Which Principal would be the best to work for? Which P.E. position is better? Which school currently has the best staff? I'm curious.

How come Jack Pittman, the defensive coordinator at Brentwood Academy is never considered for any of these jobs. I am friends with some people who know him and I have heard nothing but good things from both Father Ryan people and Brentwood Academy people about his football knowledge and the way he motivates kids. It seems to me that he would be a good choice for any of these schools.

But he is a great coach and has been part of two great

programs. He is not certified but could be possibly be the best coach in this area. He is sharp, the kids love him, has a wealth of knowledge of the game and the people he coached under were the best of the best. If metro is serious about having a great football program choose him. His mom and dad taught for 30 years in

metro so give him a break and I hope he gets an chance.