MT. PLEASANT HIGH FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Guest goinggoing

Guest goinggoing

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!!

MAN DID WALK ON THE MOON!!

A NEW HEAD FOOTBAll COACH!!!

I JUST HEARD IT IS OFFICIAL MT. PLEASANT HIGH

SCHOOL WILL BE HIRING A NEW HEAD FOOTBALL COACH!

It is finally over the horror of watching a

Friday night drubbing. Thank you Mr. Wolaver

for seeing the light it is about time! If you

ever wanted to run for Mayor or City Manager

now would be the time my friend.

The town, the community and the entire football

family at Mt. Pleasant High School can now breath

a sigh of relief. Coach Dugger was a fine coach

in his day 10 years ago but it was past time for

this to happen. O-10 WILL DO MOST IN.

The Kids must be dancing in the streets and

anticipating a new attitude toward the next

football season. Congratulations guys you

deserve it and I hope now that the once

Mighty Tigers can once again become a force

to be dealt with each and every Friday night

and now the electricity and carnival type

atmosphere can finally be felt again by one

and all who are associated with Tiger Football.

If Coach Eddie Bassham is on the list to

fill the position and is awarded the job, the

Tigers will become a dominant powerhouse in

Class A. :D:D

[Edited by goinggoing on 1-10-03 8:51P]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several rumors in Hohenwald are that the top two assistants under legendary Coach Bobby Sharp have considered the move. They are Offensive Coordinator Tim Watkins and Defensive Coordinator Kelly Spivey. Both have great motivational skills and are excellent coaches. But with the great David Sharp continuously improving going into his senior year along with a good supporting cast, its likely these two will stay around to help the Panthers make it to the state championship game. Those other staff members more inclined to leave who may be interested and successful are Damien Clayton, Scotty Duncan, and former Maury County native Trent Hill.

I have heard from several sources in the Maury Co. area that Coach Bassham and Coach Rice are indeed two of the front runners for the position. And I have no doubt either could get the job done at Mt.Pleasant. However, another name mentioned has caused me to raise an eyebrow. Trent Hill from Lewis Co. He was once a standout athlete at CA and I believe his youth and passion for the game would be a plus for the Tigers. There needs to be many changes at Mt.Pleasant, and I believe with any of the three above they would be well on there way.

If Coach Eddie Bassham is not a front runner for the job, then it is time for Wolaver's job to be posted. Coach Bassham has proven himself more than once. Just look at the Jr. High program not to mention the baseball teams he has had. He has the support of all the community. If his hard work for the school and community up to now is not enough then something is terribly wrong. He has my vote and about 90% of the community and players, and the players are what count the most!!!! ;):D

I don't have a dog in this fight but let me share with you what happend in my home town growing up. we thought that the jr high coach should have a shot at the high school because we always one in jr high. He coached the same kids in high school that he coached in jr high. Even though he won every year at the jr high, we never won at high school. it was a different world. don't just annoint him head coach. Be sure he is the right man. I don't care. Ill never see him coach anyway.

Guest goinggoing

That is a great point Pinpal. But here in

TIGER LAND, We all know who should be the

new head coach. Coining a phrase from a few

years back from the Ohio State Buckeye fans

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

Mr. Wolaver is a smart man and will make

the right move. :(

I THINK BUCK 65 IS RIGHT.EDDIE BASSHAM WOULD BE THE RIGHT CHOICE.HE SEEMS TO HAVE GREAT CONNECTIONS WITH ALL THE KIDS AT MPHS.TRENT HILL WOULD MAKE HIM A FINE ASST.IM QUIET SURE COACH BASSHAM ALREADY KNOWS WHO HE WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH.JUST REMEBBER IT TAKES MORE THAN COACHES.MR.WOLAVER ITS TIME YOU SET ASIDE YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS.YOUR JOB AS WELL AS COACHES OR TEACHERS IS TO DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR THE KIDS NOT YOUR SELF....GOOD LUCK MPHS :o

I agree with you buck65 it's time that EDDIE BASSHAM got his fair chance to prove what he can do with our football progam. EDDIE has the full support of his community and players, if you need to see proof come and see the baseball field that EDDIE and his supporters & players bulit in only 2 season's.THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN OUR ATHLETIC PROGRAM IS OUR HEAD STAFF THINK OF THEMSLEVES AND THE MONEY AND NOT OUR KID'S.IT'S TIME TO SET ASIDE THE JELOUS ENVY AND GIVE COACH BASSHAM HIS CHANCE. HE HAS PROVEN WHAT HE CAN DO BOTH IN HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL & MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL JUST LOOK AT HIS WIN'S IT TELLS ALL FOR YOU! AFTER ALL IN MY OPINON HE IS THE ONLY FRONT RUNNER FOR THE JOB....SO WHAT ABOUT IT MR. WOLAVER IS THE CHOICE ABOUT WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR KID'S OR WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU???????? :confused: ;)