New Coach at Siegel

onlooker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams will not go to Lavergne. Why would he go there? They lose everything after this year. Their field and facilities are not very good and not kept up very well.It will be interesting to see how the field and facilities are kept up at Siegel, IF they ever get built, IF Reavis is truly the coach.

RUMOR has it in the Boro that the Siegel job was offered to Hawks at Oakland, but he declined the position. As a result the job was offered to Reavis, although there has not been any confirmation in the local paper.

Does anyone know why Hawks declined to position at Siegel?

Coach Reavis is going to Siegel. He wil do a good job there. Remember he is the best coach in the State right now ( Wolverines 02 State Champs). Did anyone ever see the facilities at LaVergne before Coach Reavis got there? I did and truly remeber the big ditch behind 3rd base. There is no problems with facilites and no problem with Reavis. LaVergne would be a great job for anyone, it is one of the fastest growin areas in the South. Players coming in everyday.

My thinking on Coach Reavis is that for the long term, Siegel will be a better opportunity for him. We all know that Siegel is going to draw from the higher economic scale of homes in Murf and those people always find a way to support the baseball programs financially. That's why I'm sure it was such a tough decision for Coach Hawks to turn it down. He had first shot at it. LaVergne most definitely has a good draw of players due to the growth of that area. I think the program will continue to improve and do well. I still contend that in the not too near future, the talent level will be watered down between Oakland and Siegel just as it was three years ago between Riverdale and Blackman. I still shutter to think how good of a team Riverdale could of had with certain Blackman players. Oh well, nice to dream, HAHA !!

Yes Sir! Just trying to find a job, any job. Would really love to get back into HS Baseball, done just bout all could do @ MS level (02 Team was State Champs), but still love it and will have another good team this year. The warrior boy makes a good point bout Siegel and LaVergne, just what I would have told the cornman. Sometimes everyone's field looks a little rough during dead period and late late summer. Give the man a break, he WON THE STATe! AND probabaly will at Siegel one day.