OC Lady Rebels Basketball

workman14

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it......They aren't even the best in 13AA. They outplayed Westview tonight, no doubt about it, but don't let your success cloud your judgement. When it is all said and done, they don't have the horses to compete with the Jackson County's and McMinn's of the world..this year. After watching the game tonight, I am not sure anyone from 13AA can be successful in Murfreesboro. I hope I am wrong though......I hope you guys from OC live this one up, because it won't happen again this year.

Im not as outspoken as workman14, but the Lady Rebels surely showed that they can play with anyone with their victory over Westview. And, I disagree with you; I think that 13AA has three teams that could compete with the Jackson Counties of the world. Westview, OC, and GC can hold their own with anyone in the state. I still stick to my guns that two of those three will be in Murfreesboro in March. And, yes, OC outplayed Westview last night. Does that guarantee victory in the district tourney? Absolutely not. I think when these two heavyweights tangle again, it will be just like the last two contests. Good luck the rest of the season Lady Chargers, Lady Rebels, and Lady Pioneers. Gonna be a fun 13AA tournament!!

He must be from Samburg, well, on 2nd tought, they don't have internet down there. :D

It is going to be a 3 horse race, Spencer has made an immediate impact on there program. 13AA has 5 outstanding coaches, and everynight is a battle, well at least nearly every night. 2 teams will definately be in the 'boro, district tournaments will define which two it is.

Great game last Lady Rebels. I am a diehard Westview fan but your team proved last night that it could play with the best. The significant thing to think about is the fact that 3 of the top 4 teams in the state are in our district. W'view, OC, and GC, gives the fans the opportunity to see very exciting and hihly skilled teams compete in this district every night. :D

Wizard04:

Is "cloud your judgement" your favorite phrase? Believe it or not, some people can look at a game (win or lose) and see both good and bad aspects of both teams. I haven't seen OC this year, but based on the whipping Westview gave us, next Tuesday scares me! Take your own advice and just appreciate the great brand of basketball in 13AA. It's ok for OC to enjoy their victory - Westview seemed to enjoy last Friday night!

Posted by NWhoopaholic:

Looks like soembody needs to moderate this fellows language. Not representative of Obion County fans. Congratulations to Spencer & the Lady Rebels. It truly is a three horse race in 13AA.

If my comments were taken the wrong way, I apologize. I meant it to actually be a compliment to Westview and Gibson Co. I agreed with an earlier post that OC outplayed the 'View on one night, ONE NIGHT! It honestly wouldnt surprise me to see them (Westview) run the table the rest of the year (although Gibson Co, Obion Co., and others would have something to say about that). In no way did I intentionally try to disrespect the Lady Chargers. Thats why I also said that it meant nothing in the tournaments coming up next month. Im sorry if I was mistaken. You can check each of the nearly 100 posts I've added to this board and I'll bet you wouldn't find a negative or cocky post on any of them. I have no reason to run people down or toot my own horn on a message board. My time is more valuable than that. And I assure you, you will be hard pressed to find a more adamant Rebel fan than me.

And one more thing....

WesCharge- Before you put your foot in your mouth again...

I am not from Samburg, but many of the kids I teach and coach are. If you have stooped to the level of talking about where a person is from, you've lost the respect I had for you. For your conscience, I hope that was just a joke.

[Edited by PowerSet on 1-20-03 9:07A]

[Edited by PowerSet on 1-20-03 12:21P]