Temple @ Boyd

Guest West73

I am a Boyd fan, so humor me with this post. If you can remember, back a few months ago Coach Wadley from Temple mentioned in the paper that Temple doesn't have the facilities nor the athletes, but the reason they win is because they outwork other teams (talking about private schools go seperate from public in state play-offs). Fatchance, I like that you mentioned Healy in your post, he has been doing really well this year, but there is one thing, he may have a medical problem therefore not allowing him to play against Temple Friday night. I will not mention the problem because I don't know if the family would want it out, just pray for him. As I mentioned earlier about what Coach Wadley said, that is the ONLY way Temple can beat Boyd, if they were to outwork them. Coach Helton, Boyd's head coach, does NOT put up with other teams outworking his team, or else, they will pay come practice time. I have been to some of Boyd's practices, they are very intense, in fact, I have seen no other team practice so hard. I just see Boyd coming away with a W at the end of it, whether it be close, or if it be a blowout.

As a Temple fan, we hope Healy can play. This looks to be a great game. Both teams playing hard to the end. Both Boyd and Temple can show the basketball world that hard work pays off. I agree with Coach Wadley that Temple wins because they work harder. I also agree with Coach Helton that this same work ethic has been instilled in Boyd. What a game, I just hope it doesn't snow. There is alot of respect betwwen these two programs. I also like the respect between the two coaches. This is also a credit to both schools. I still believe that Temple will win in a close game. ;)

I disagree I also think Boyd will win this one. Being a boyd fan I guess I might be a little lop-sided, but I don't think Temple has as good and complete of a team as Boyd does. Temple starts 2 sophmores who are good but lack expirience. Boyd starts 5 seniors who have played together as a team since 7th grade. Both of these teams play extremly hard and play text book, solid defense, but I see those starting sophmores being the difference in the game. This will be the biggest game they have played in ever. Pressure and nervousness is a huge factor. Boyd wins this one because of lack of expirience and being a hard-working, well-rounded team. It should be a great one.

Temple plays at Boyd tomorrow night. My personal opinion is that if Boyd can keep Jake Skogen to less than 20 points, then Boyd has a good chance of coming out the victor. Or, another scenario, if Boyd does allow Jake to have 20+ points, but he only shoots 25% from the field, I believe that increases Boyd's chances as well. As for the rest of the Temple team, they have their times, but Boyd does not have to worry about them too much, unless they start getting hot, then Boyd can just take care of that, and all will be well again. In my opinion, Boyd will have control of this game.