Unaka at Cloudland, Only 8 days away!!

osubrutus

I want the girls to look ahead to this game, so they don't get nervous the day of...Seemed to be Jim Tressel's philosophy about Michigan.

It's more than just another game. It's THE GAME on both teams schedule.

John Cooper treated Michigan as just another game and all he can do now is try to take credit for leaving Ohio State in such good shape.

Just like with anything else, you never under estimate an opponent,you never over estimate an opponent, and you play the games as the come on the schedule. But face it. Around here those will be the games of year!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather nice picture in today's STAR. And I'm glad to see you are feeling better. Because we want your best, with no excuses. So just bring it!!!! ;)

P.S. hope you can shoot in high altitudes??? ;)

out4blood

Before you begin classifying coaches maybe you need to look at the definition of the word coach.

According to Webster "Consistancy" is not in the definition.

Let me tell you a short story about coachken1 and see if this helps shed some light.

Almost five years ago while coaching at the middle school level he had a kid who went to summer camp and came to all the summer practices, then the last day of summer before school was to start back left and went to another area school and gave no reasons. That was hard to take for coachken1 cause this kid was a stud at that level and would be greatly missed. But life went on and I happened to be standing in the middle school gym where he coached after the 2nd or 3rd game of the year as everyone was leaving and a young middle school kid (that no longer played for him and never would again) came and ask ˜coach could you help me with my shot?˜ and as I left the gym that night the coach and former player was working on his shot.

I gained a lot of respect for coachken1 that night and that would never show in the WIN/LOSS records when his stats are complied one day but that is ˜What makes Coach Chambers one of the best coaches in the area˜

I˜m sure there are similar stories about Matt and Les and maybe a thread should be dedicated to ˜coaches off the bench˜

I agree with the Paperboy split at home is likely and Milligan should be exciting.

Good luck to all.

;)

[Edited by ball411 on 1-17-03 10:15A]

Guest EastTNhoopsfan

Every time I see a unaka post it eventually starts talking about Coach Chambers. Let the man have some peace! He's finally having a successful year record-wise at the high school level so let him enjoy it!!!{we already know success is not defined by the record. but for some of you wanna be's he went to the Sub-State last year with a losing record and no seniors...now that's success}

Coach keep working hard, ignore the idiots and enjoy the rest of the season!

Guest PVchics

Thank you EastTNSportsWriter for giving us the credit we deserve in District 1. From what I've seen so far we are matched pretty evenly with Unaka and I think if it came down to it we could beat Cloudland. We've got the talent and the heart to do it we just have to hit free throws. Were outplaying Hancock everytime but losin by 4 last time. We missed 16 free throws and lost by 4! Good luck to all the teams in our region and we'll see the first week of March! :)

In reply to "Unaka at Cloudland, only 8 days away!!" which was the original name of this thread before it was changed to "All Hail Coach Chambers", Cloudland will definitely come out on top. Unaka is struggling majorly, hence there loss to Hampton, and a few others. focused or not, its no excuse. How you play can not be a matter of whether you were focused or not-being focused is a given. They'll never stand a chance if they come out like that at Cloudland. It's gonna be one heck of an atmosphere to play in- i'll give them that much. Good Luck to both teams- mostly to Unaka they are the ones who need it. :)

It looks to me like you Cloudland girls are already thinking you've got the game won! Well I'd hate to get your hopes up, but you guys are going to be surprised at what we've got planned for you. Tara, your just all talk and no do! You need to start showing everybody what you can do pretty soon or everybody is going to wonder about you!I also have a little update for you girls: Renee can go right or left handed, she could take anybody on your team, Julie and Danielle can score over Amy Storie any day, they are also going to out rebound and out hustle you guys, Lacey and Coty has got speed and they can beat you, and as for the twins will hit any shot you'll give them!!!

:)

don't accuse all of the lady highlanders....just b/c tara posts something doesn't mean that we all think that we have already won....there are 12 other players on the team and we haven't posted anything.....i believe that we are all ready for this game and we are going to play to our full potential.... :)

If it snows and if they postpone the game when will they play it. The forecast is not looking good.

Hey Greenfrog11

I am assuming you play basketball for the Landers. Is 11 your number? I think i know who you are. Did you have Mrs. Hurter fourth last semester.

[Edited by landergolfer on 1-20-03 4:47P]