Unaka at Cloudland, Only 8 days away!!

osubrutus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dfenceahfence

if they play like they did the when they were at hampton they will lose and lose big they have one of the best coaches in the area in chambers so this will be in their favor just seen them play a few times but they look much better than in years past they play very hard and shoot well clouldland is good will take unaka best game to beat them

Cloudland will have the home court & crowd advantage - it's always a packed crowd with lots of noise. As far as Chambers goes - he took a group which the majority was freshmen amd sophomores and went to sub-state last year that should speak for him as well as the hard work of his team. Should be a fun game to see! :(

Guest out4blood

He took a average team in a below average region, won 2nd in everything and lost the subsate. What has he done to be considered on of the BEST coaches in the area? Potential, yes. Is he there yet, no. Coach Birchfield @Cloudland hasn't earned that title yet, nor Coach Campbell @ Hampton and their track records are far better. :confused: :confused:

I agree with you out4blood. I have not done anything to be considered one of the better coaches. But the girls that play for me does show that they are above average team. If the girls keep getting better then one day we might be considered one of the better teams in the area, and that is what is important to me.

Guest out4blood

You are one of the better teams in the AREA right now. My question was what does it take to be one of the BEST coaches? "Consistancy" and I said the potential is there just not proven, as in the case of the other two mentioned. Be proud of the girls and only they will make you one of the BEST coaches and only them.

Not only is Coach Chambers a great coach but he's a great guy. I had a child play for him in middle school and he was absolutely fantastic. He treats the kids with respect and they inturn play their hearts out for him. As for major accomplishments, maybe not, but her has help instill good values, self worth and pride in themselves as ballplayers and in my book that count's for a heck of a lot. My child is where he's at today because of coach chambers. He believed in him and he hasn't forgotten that. :(:(:D

[Edited by justwatchin on 1-16-03 10:15A]

[Edited by justwatchin on 1-16-03 10:16A]

What makes a great coach? It is his ability to communicate with his players, earn their respect and teach fundementals that mold them into good basketball players. Coach Chambers has done all the above. I don't know what you measure success by but I can tell you this, you won't find many players who have played for Coach Chambers that don't love and respect him as a teacher, coach and friend. He is a role model to many kids and for that I respect him a great deal.

We should just forget it and have fun using this board. I have nothing against you nor Rusty. Just trying to help other parents understand the disgust they have is the same disgusts coaches have and the same disgusts the players have. Just in different forms.

And if you think I would intentionally hurt ANY player. You don't know me very well....

[Edited by osubrutus on 1-16-03 1:31P]