Baylor vs. McCallie???

Honaton

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to McCallie on a hard fought win. They won the matches they should have and came out on top in the close ones which, obviously, was the difference in the match.

In reading Walkenvol's review it sounds as though Baylor was lucky to win a single match, however. I think a less biased report might say that the 5 Baylor wins were as expected although some bonus points were not attained. Certainly the move at 103 saved 3 points. Again McCallie won the close ones. Matches at 125, 130, 160, 171, and 189 might go another way in the future. It would only take two of these for McCallie to end up on the losing side. Perhaps the state duals will have these two rivals meet again. It would be an exciting re-match.

By the way Wrestle90, you were right.

[Edited by mtnrasslin on 1-26-03 9:18P]

replying to godawgsblue's comment: I don't appreciate your message about how you crushed us last Firday night. McCallie did win, but they didn't CRUSH Baylor. And another thing, how could you say that our gym is the worst one in the city when you probably haven't been to every schools gym in Chattanooga. Yeah, it's obvious that it's not as grand and luxurious as McCallie's, but the enviroment it creates for wrestling and basketball events is incredible. One other point, we beat ya'll in Golf also this year.... how can you say that we can only beat you in one sport a year!?!?

[Edited by HAMMATIME03 on 1-27-03 8:00A]

[Edited by HAMMATIME03 on 1-27-03 8:02A]

Yea, ya'll did beat us in state... I remeber because I was on the golf team, but we did beat you head-to-head earlier on in the regular season and at region. We also beat ya'll two or three times at a couple of tornaments like the Black Creek invitational. So don't call me an idiot like I don't know what I'm talking about. I do applaud the McCallie golfers for winning state, but we didn't really that great of a week up there.

And another thing, I know ya'll didn't think ya'll had it won, because wrestling is very crazy sport when it comes to scoring. You never know what could and can happen. Also, your wrestling team didn't go easy on us thinking that they had it won. Coach Connel didn't teach them that way... if he did, then that's some bad coaching. Those were some of a great wresrtlers that won in the end, so don't bad moutn thme either.

[Edited by HAMMATIME03 on 1-29-03 11:06A]

[Edited by HAMMATIME03 on 1-29-03 11:08A]