Guest Javier

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D1-

1.)Dustin Catlett Senior I dont think anyone argues with this

2.) Josh Bennett Senior Dickson Co. Lost to Cochran early in the season 1-1 in OT and lost to Lee Connell at Father Ryan by 1 also lost to Justin Miller from Alabama at Father Ryan

3.)Donnie Floyd Senior South Doyle, two Losses one to Catlett at Bradley Invitational(Pinned In 28 seconds) and one to Bennett 10-5 in OT at hillwood invitationals in semis

4.)Chris Cochran Senior Brentwood, several losses,but all to high quality opponents including Floyd at the Bradley invitational and Connell of Mcallie at Father Ryan.

5.)Kenny Jenkins Junior ML King has not had the exposure of the guys above him. His only loss came in the finals at Hillwood against Bennett 5-3 in OT. he wrestled up to 160 his last match against McGavock and beat Tim Pack 8-6

6.) Joey Jeffers Senior East Ridge has had two early season losses at 160 but has yet to lose at 152 jeffers has not faced off with any of the Top D1 guys at 152.He did win the McCallie Tournament and beat Lee Connell but Connell was coming off an injury at the time.

7.)Ty Cody Junior Science Hill has shown signs of being great but has been a little inconsistent

8.) Jim Weakley Sophmore Clarksville has lost several matches to the guys above but has managed to keep it close this kid is my darkhorse pick to medal at state. Weakley comes from a great program, and the times that I have seen him in action he has fought hard start to finish.

D2-

1.) Lee Connell Senior McCallie State champ last year at 145 has had a rough early season but looks to have turned things around Midway through.

2.) Adam Stark Junior? Father Ryan Beat Connell at the Father Ryan Tournament and Justin Miller from Alabama in the finals to take first. I only pick Connell first because he has the advantage of experience in the state tournament.

3.) Any of the other D2 Guys that happen to be at this weight since Marable cut to 145 this weight just has not been as interesting.

[Edited by kjfan on 1-19-03 4:55P]

[Edited by kjfan on 1-21-03 1:05P]

These are my top 5 pics...

1)Dustin Catlett-Bradley Central(He shouldn't be worried about the state,he should get ready for the senior nationals.)...GREAT wrestler

2)Joey Jeffers-East Ridge(hasn't wrestled Catlett but should do better than most other opponents)

3)Donnie Floyd-South Doyle(no info)

4)Ty Cody-Science Hill(should see some good compitition in state duals)

5)Chris Cochran-Brentwood (trained with David Ellis(placed 2nd to Catlett from BC in state last yr.)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL 152 POUNDERS.

i will agree that catlett is by far the best and cochran is also very good, but jeffers from east ridge is not all you say he is, he barely beat derek harrison from cleveland who was very sick when he wrestled. I think if harrison was healthy he would have beaten jeffers