2 words for Lebron James

LordInfamous

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JerryGarcia69

I've got 2 words for him : First Pick

This kid is the real deal. Not putting down your post, but I think he is better than Len Bias. But hey, they could both ball. RIP.

TWO WORDS: NO ONE

No one is worth 50 million dollars! Absolutely no adult (much less an 18 year old) is worth 50 million dollars! Only the NBA, NFL, or MLB would think of giving an individual this much money. You can't possibly sell enough product or tickets to pay back this amount of money. This money thing is getting way out of hand and it is time for someone to stand up and say 'enough is enough.' It reminds me of that strange girl who used to have the workout video, 'Stop the insanity.'

Sorry TheAnswer, but I can't agree with you on your statement. Sure, college probably has more meaning behind it when playing sports for it then the pros, but....say he did go to North Carolina or so, and in his first season, he has a career-ending injury, now, he's not gonna be worth anything to North Carolina, he isn't gonna get a degree, and now he won't even make the millions he was offered for going straight to the NBA. If I was him, I'd play in the NBA for about 3-5 years, save up the money, retire, go to college, then buy myself a nice house and live my life happily knowing I learned something and I don't have to work ever again.

Is there such a thing as a career ending injury. Look at Willis Maghee, he tore 2 ligaments in his knee but he is still projected to be selected in the 3rd round. So if James did get hurt he would still be drafted because of the chance that he would come back to his old form. I know it would be easy to go straight to the NBA but I think a couple of years of college would be good for him on a personel level and his basketball skills do need some work. I predict his 1st years numbers will not be as good as Stoudamires are this year.

Theanswer, you dont know what would be good for Lebron on a personal level-YOU DONT KNOW HIM!!! Not many 1st year players have numbers as good as Stoudamire, so he will be fine if he doesnt. There is not one person(honest person that is) on this message board that would choose college over the NBA if they were in Lebron's shoes.

I'm just saying we Americans have our priorities way out of place. No 18 year old boy is worth this kind of money. He will make more than the president of the united states, and almost every other person in the country with the exception of a few corporate execs. and a few other sports stars. I just think it is too much money, where does it all end.