Huntland--Eagleville

orange

You are correct orange about the lady eagles busting loose but they are not playing well right now. I think they have some internal problems with their team and some jealousy as well. But they are very dangerous and they have good guard play, and I have always heard that if you have good guards then you have a chance of being good. But I will pick the Lady Hornets by 12. They are on a roll and they are playing at the Nest. You have to defend your home court in that district and then at least split your away games. Good luck lady Hornets.

Eagleville won 58-47. This was an ugly game. The refs let it get way out of control. Both teams got mugged on several occasions with no call made. I am surprised no one came out hurt. Eagleville played well but Huntland did not bring their best game tonight. They scored 22 points in the first 3 quarters and then 26 in the 4th. By then it was too late. I still believe the Lady Hornets are a great team and all great teams have bad nights. Keep your head up and get ready for Cornersville.

GO BIG BLUE...

Guest bballchick25

I will assure u that there is absolutely no jealousy on the team... the lady eagles are very close, and all respect eachother so much. ( just thought i would clear that up. ;) ) the lady eagles did not play their best ball tonight... although their posts really stepped up. I'll tell ya what, Bauer is such a great player! She is doing so well for herself and has so much heart. Beat Cornersville lady hornets!! as for eagleville, BEAT MTCS sat night. It homecoming!

This is something that I don't agree with, b/c for the whole entire night Eagleville was getting pushed around and the refs let it happen. At one point in the 4th quarter the point guard literally elbowed one of our girls. Then not t long after that another one of them deliberately tried to take out Senior Guard, Kim Pirtle, with a slam to the ground. Then there was the girl who was trying to throw punches at our post, Megan Alcorn, which is just the person to do that to unless you want to get hit. But if Huntland was having an off night then, I guess they were having an off night against Forrest. I think they need to keep their eyes on the present before they lose the future. Go EHS!!! :D

Hey Sportsfan, I agree with you that it got very physical but where does the blame lie??? I felt like the refs let it get way out of control. When you let people go over each others back and hand check all night someone is going to get mad. I agree when your girl got floored it should have been a foul but instead the ref called a walk!!! Whatever. Then they let Brittney get knocked to the floor and didn't call anything. Here are two examples that go along with what you said but that's the refs fault for letting them get by with this. Our girls are physical and that's good when you can get by with it but bad when it cost you like it did against Forrest. Our girls need to stop riding high on the first half of the season and show up for the second before it is too late. I'll be there to support them either way... GO BIG BLUE

Guest fliptwentysix

You have got to be the funniest person on this board. Huntland throwing punches? Slamming people on the ground? Had an off night against Forrest. Whew, reaching aren't you? :o