Macon County suffers second loss of season to a co

tnchad1980

You know EagleFan, I will agree with you. You're right. The banners signify a tradition that is Macon County basketball and there is a huge rivalry with Westmoreland, not only on the court but off of it as well. And as for the two teams that will be put on the court on February 14th, they are two great teams. Let the past go and let's get to the business at hand. I think both teams have gotten better as the season has went on and this next game will be as good if not better. Good luck to both teams and we'll see you on the 14th. :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the banners go, they are a measure of success in the past. Sure they can't help us now, but we don't need the help. We have the talent to do well in the postseason and Westmoreland probably does too. All I'm saying is that there was success back then, there's success now, and there will be success in the future. So take it how you want and go on with it.

You know I will be GLAD when Feb.14th gets here. Like people have said it's been almost a month since that big game and it's over. We won and that's all that matters. Like 20eagle said if Macon does win we still win the series 2-3 so as I see it. Both teams have great players and coaches. So let's just see what happens Feb.14th. Good Luck to the Lady Eagles and all my teammates.

I don't ask this to talk any trash.

I'm just curious to know how many times the Macon County girls have been to the state, and have they ever won it?

In recent history, I'm sure that MC has several more district championships and several more region championships than WHS (not that WHS is ever bad but have had a lot of second-place finishes).

However, if you date back to the 70s and 80s, how many district championships did WHS have?

It's a great series, but I'd say in the last five years, it's pretty even as far as wins and losses go.

But back to my original question, how many times has MC been to the state and have they ever won a state title?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has that information.

Westmoreland needs to worry more about what's gonna happen in districts and regions than one regular season game. Cause even if you do beat us again, when Clarkrange or Celina gets ahold of y'all it'll be a woodshed beating like nobody's seen. So quit worrying about us and start planning for your next postseason flop.

Ok Cody just believe it if you want to but there's more in this Macon County group that just me. As far as the many different screen names go, it's different names for DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!! Now you're just making yourself look stupid by even suggesting that. I don't have the time or the stupid idea of "hey why don't i get a bunch of different screen names and say a bunch of different stuff about one freakin game" which is bogus. You're not just facin one there's more where I came from and I personally think you're an idiot. That's my opinion and you can take it or leave it.

OK, I am sitting there in Macon County watching their girls warm up. And I have my eye on a particular girl, #15, don't know her name or anything else. She makes, and I counted, 17 out of 18 3's before she began to work on other stuff. I sit there thinking to myself, 'dang, this girl can play.' The game starts and I see her shoot like 2 3's. What is going down with that? Why don't they get her the ball more? It might of just been a lucky streak, but a girl doesn't make 17 of 18 from the arc and not shoot during the game. I know that Lipscomb is a very good team, and I think underrated, but when you can shoot like that, you gotta be running plays for her or somethin.