james or cordell??

toughenough

Wingit, The only thing you said that is true is that Coach Logsdon is a sharp guy. If your logic was true Cordell would have gone 112 the whole year(which he could have but didn't want to cut as much weight and he knew James was 119) Your post was your opinion but I know first hand why Cordell was at 112 and I can tell you that your explaination is wrong. Your entitled to your opinion but the fact is the only reason Cordell was at 112 during the duals was to help the team win the championship. OK, you're were right about one other thing, as it turned out Cordell wasn't needed at 112 but again why would Coach Logsdon have Cordell make 112 and then have him wrestle a quality wrestler like James at 119? 4 more days this debate will be over.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly, I think what Logsdon did was smart and the right thing to do for this meet. Not to wrestle James after dropping to 112 and realizing the meet was in the bag, was also wise. I do hold my ground and believe he dropped for the reasons I stated earlier and this was a one match decision. Who knows what would have happened or what Logsdon would have done if the earlier matches wouldn't have been cancelled. I'm sure coach would have done what ever is best for his team and the individual wrestlers involved. I'm looking forward to watching this match-up. This is what makes this time of year exciting. Good luck to Shawn and Bradley.

I would be real hesitant to pick a winner in this match-up. Both James and Cordell are great wrestlers. They both have their own styles and they are totally different. It will be an odd match to see because of the different builds of the two, but still a great match. If i absolutely had to choose a winner, I owuld have to go with james. for one reason. His strength. in my opinion i think that when cordell shoots james will be able to work his front headlock. that will be his main offense. But hten again if cordell picks his spots he can get in deep enough because of the size difference. so it is wide open. it will be a great match and i am goin to be thrilled to watch them in the state finals.