District 9-AAA (Beech Lady Bucs)

metsdude

Can anyone in Girls District 9-AAA beat the Beech Buccaneers? Right now, as of January 24, the district standings are as follows...

1. Beech 7-0

2. Wilson Central 4-2

3. Gallatin 4-3

4. Mt. Juliet 4-3

5. Hendersonville 3-4

6. Smyrna 3-4

7. LaVergne 2-4

8. White House 0-7

So far this season, the Bucs have only been played against by the Wildcats of Wilson Central, where they only won by 4. Other than that the next closest district opponent came within 15. Are the Lady Bucs unstoppable in the district? If not who will beat them first? Will they finish atop the standings?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think...for whatever that's worth, that the Lady Bucs will go undefeated in their district. Although, I will agree with the redbarron. Wilson Central seems to match-up well with Beech and WC has a very good coach. He has scouted Beech harder than any other coach in the district. If you want to beat someone bad enough that is where you start.

As far as Beech goes, it seems as if there may be a small drop down in the level of play in the district this year and this may come back to haunt Beech in a different way when post season play starts.

Beech is a very good team. I really think it's goin to hurt them not playing in a great district though. There is no way they would have that record in 7 or 8 AAA. If they had to Battle Shelbyville, Lawrence Co., Cookeville, Riverdale, Coffee Co., Oakland, and White Co. night in and night out they would be much better. They would still be a great team and might win 7AAA,and might finish 2nd in 8 AAA but they would have atleast 3 losses in each district. Don't get me wrong, they are very good, I just think they would be even better in 7 or 8 AAA although their record would be worse.

they really surprised me last year with the run they had.. my only problem is, how strong exactly is that district compared with oh say 7aaa or 8aaa? they shouldn't have much trouble winning the district (i agree wilson cent has the best shot at 'em) but is winning the 9aaa really saying much? can't really say alot about the region either... they may have to wait until substate to see if they have another run in them to prove last year wasn't a fluke..

I agree with Fozzie. 9-AAA isnt the strongest district in the state. If Beech did play in 7-AAA or even 8-AAA, i think they would have success. Not going undefeated, but a winning record. It would help them in the long run for sure. The way they are playing now, they will be hard to beat, but we will see how they will do when the state tourny comes around.

District 9AAA the competition level is not tough enough at all because teams are rebuilding. But, those teams are practicing hard and demanding more of themselves and improving with each practice and game. So,there needs not to be a comfort zone for the Lady Bucs. They still need to improve on their driving force as a team ,so when challenged at a higher level of play they will take care of business . Hopefully ,our district play will not come back and haunt us when we are put to the challenge of stiffer competition,as you say. They can play and hang with any district or region!!!

The game tonight will be a very close one at Beech....There will be a good chance for an upset to take place tonight......WC should have beat Beech the first time......Talent wise WC has them beat.....They start 3 sophomores and a freshman...........When those girls get to be Juniors and Seniors they will be rocking everyones boat...... :D:D:D:D;);):):o:D:D