State Top Ten (AA)

Guest gilessf

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best girls basketball year in and year out are made up of these middle Tennessee teams: Shelbyville, Jackson County, Livingston County, Wayne County, Clarkrange. Nothing has changed this year and the cream will come to the top in Murfresboro.

The AA crown will come from Middle Tennessee when all is said and done. The AP polls arent a good measuring stick

of the top teams.

Not so fast...............

If you remember the AAA champ was from East Tennesee and I'm not talking about Oak Ridge ( who beat Shelbyville this year. Sevier Country cut down the nets last year.

Also, in AA, McMinn Central is the best AA team this year. The Lady Chargers were probably the 2nd best team behind JC last year. Oliver Springs, Tellico Plains, and Walker Valley can play with any AA Middle Tennessee team . OS has already beaten Giles and Clarkrange ( middle TN teams)

Both Middle and East Tennessee probably have more serious challengers than say West does in the three classifications.

[Edited by OS91 on 1-28-03 11:38A]

LA can play with anyone. Agreed, the AP polls are out of whack and teams like LA, Giles, OS, Walker valley, and Jackson County along with Mcminn Central are the elite of AA basketball, but becasue voters only look at records with out knowledge schedules they choose to be blind because of georgraphical b iases therefore creates polls that reward teams that play EASY schedules. Most teams would rather have a schedule that will prepare them for distirict, regional, subs, and state tournies other than one that plays cream puff and doesnt advance them come tourney time as they watch the state tourney as a spectator.

Out of these 7 teams, only 2 advance to Mboro becasue of the two regions playing.. Very tough

McMinn Central

Walker Valley

Meigs County

Tellico Plains

Jackson County

Livingtson Academy

Cannon County

Upperman

[Edited by OS91 on 1-28-03 5:53P]

Guest laizthebest

Dang, never thought of it that way. Which 2 do you think can make it. In region 4 the 2 teams that will more than likely advance to substate are JCHS and LA...Unless something happens. Who do you think they will have to play in substate?

Polls:

Until Jackson Co. loses their last game of the season they are still number one. They are the only team that has not had to endure a loss in their last game for the past three years. Therefor, polls mean nothing.

?Weak Schedules?

Just because you are in district 7AA or your team is in or close to middle Tennessee, or you happened to play them this year, does not automatically make you schedule harder than anyone else's. No disrespect to McMinn, but, until Jackson Co. does not win the state title, THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN AA!!!!!

Once again, Livingston Academy came to West Tennessee to play basketball, does that mean they have a weaker schedule than Jackson Co., Oliver Springs, or McMinn Central? Whether you want to believe it or not, there is some pretty good basketball played in West Tennessee.

Every team that has been fortunate enough to go to the 'Boro has run into a buzzsaw that is Jackson Co. I did not matter who or where they played, Jackson Co. was and is the best team right now.

Hey Peacemaker. WV's region will advance two teams to substate. You will play the two top teams from Livingston's region. More than likely that would be LA, Cannon County, York, or Jackson County. WV's region will be matched up with the two winners from Region 4. That includes District 7AA, which is by far the toughest district in the state and always has been. Only two teams from either our region or their region will advance to state. That is the same with our AAA. The winners of our districts have to play the likes of Shelbyville and Lawrence County year after year. That is why it is so tough to get into the state. Go to TSSAA.org and go to classifications and it will give you a listing of the teams in each region. Oliver Springs pretty much has a cakewalk into the state. They play the Loudons, Kingstons and teams like that to get into state. So, some of the best teams will not get to go to Murfreesboro out of AA and our AAA regions. By the way, Good Luck Friday--- I hope to be there. (Track will be here soon, I can't wait)

[Edited by tnwareagle on 1-29-03 10:06A]

Thank you for that update Mrs. Wareagle- :o I knew all of that though- that is why I was saying- 2 from Each region have that chance of going- I thought OS91 was saying only 2 period- as in 1 from each region- thats why I was confused!

So it is actually 2 from each region! Thanks Bunches-

(I know- I can't wait either- Gotta Love it)

[Edited by peacemaker on 1-29-03 1:00P]

OS has a cakewalk into the state?? Are you living a dream my friend?? Kingston is no patsy as demonstrated in their 61-37 victory over OS earlier. AE is a team that usually shows up in the 'Boro, and Seymour and Loudon are all very capable of going to sub-state. Once there their are teams like many time state champions South Greene, Claiborne County, etc. No team has a cakewalk to the STATE. You have to earn it.