CBHS v MBA (MBA by 15+)

or

MBA v. Baylor (MBA by 5+)

[Edited by Bluewhirlygig on 1-27-03 1:43P]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bluewhirly you must be dizzy-the favorite has to be father ryan then mccallie with mba and baylor very close -i think your coach would love to escape mba for starters ,short of line change-ups they(mba) have 112,171,189,215,and heavy probably four of the five by fall-you don't want to give up a sixth win to them or you have the potential of losing - however i say your a +8 in this one -be careful i'm holdin walkens #$ney from last week you know baylor beat the spread by 1

-your a little hasty to discount baylor vs. ryan - i wish you were the line setter i'd quit my day job gettin 30 wow- no this one again favors ryan but on any given night you never know - line baylor +12

-the only contest I think you are close on should it occur is mba/baylor and that truly should be a close contest - i'll say -line baylor +4

- oh yea the one you really want to hear should it occur Mccallie vs. ryan -mccallie119,125,135,145,152 -looks like this one comes down to what weight they start at and who has the best backups at the key weights - should be a fun weekend for watching wrestling - in clarksville -= line mccallie +2 -on a positive note D2 will have a very competitive championship

[Edited by deaddux on 1-27-03 2:27P]

[Edited by deaddux on 1-28-03 6:08A]

Reftn, my gig is sailing on smooth air. Walkenvol, you had better have your glasses tinted in a darker, bolder blue. Come on Reftn and Walkenvol, how in the world do you think those MBA boys will be able to hang with powerful, skillful, and aggressive men of McCallie?! Be real. Look at the match-ups:

103- White (McC) v. Bellett (MBA) = McC +6

112- Roberts (McC) v. Simpson (MBA) = MBA +3

119- Cleveland (McC) v. Francis (MBA) = McC +6

125- Silberman (McC) v. Dade (MBA) = McC +4

130- Smith (McC) v. Woolsey (MBA) = McC +6

135- Manley (McC) v. Tate (MBA) = McC +6

140- Blair (McC) v. Herron (MBA) = McC +4

145- Scott (McC) v. Hall (MBA) = McC +6

152- Connell (McC) v. Donlon (MBA) = McC +6

160- Levitt (McC) v. Kelly (MBA) = McC +6

171- Hobbs (McC) v. Lutrell (MBA) = MBA +5

189- Rudolph (McC) v. Goodman (MBA) = MBA +3

215- Hutchenson (McC) v. Thornhill (MBA) = MBA +6

275- Green (McC) v. Cooper (MBA) = MBA +3

FINAL SCORE: McC 50, MBA 20

The McCallie men will head-butt and front-headlock (or should I say choke-lock) those MBA boys all the way back to Nashville. Count on it!!!!!

Bluewhirlygig:

You are way off base!(Albeit not nearly as much as tlcbhs. The very thought of CBHS beating any team outside of West Tennessee by 50 points is almost as absurd as the thought of CBHS scoring more than 15 points against McCallie! In their wildest dreams, CBHS wins matches against McCallie at 145 [a decision at best], 171 [a pin], 189 [a decision], and 215 [a decision].)

While I agree that Ryan will crush MUS and slip by Baylor to get to the finals and while I agree that CBHS's championship run will end in the semis, I do not agree that McCallie will cruise past MBA so easily. The McCallie-MBA match will be a hard fought battle with the winner going on to beat CBHS and eventually take on Ryan for the state dual title and the loser fighting back against Baylor in the consolation semis in order to take third place from CBHS in the consolation finals.

Despite the bravado, your predictions regarding the McCallie-MBA match-ups are dangerously naive.

Okay all of you naysayers, we will see come Friday and Saturday who is way off base! I know McCallie wrestling and I know that neither MBA, CBHS, nor Ryan can compete with our men because none of them can match McCallie's strength, skill, or desire to win. Nothing against any of those teams, but McCallie is just too tough for them this year.

OOOOkkkaaayyyyyy! Let's see........I believe Ryan came in second in the McCallie Invitational behind Macheren (misspelled I think sorry,from Georgia)and Father Ryan had two starters out at that tourney and FINISHED AHEAD OF MCCALLIE there. Then there was the Father Ryan Invitational that Fr. Ryan won handily. So, pardon me for my misunderstanding of your calculations. It's just a little confusing for I think those two recent meetings kind of speaks louder than your thoughts. No offense meant here. But, like you say.....we will see!

[Edited by fatkat on 1-29-03 6:34P]