Forrest Heads To Moore Co.

jmoses

jmoses, i agree with you completely. forrest did not bring their best game to moore county. the bench did do a great job of stepping up. we had freshmen guarding abby and they did a great job containing her. hopefully our team will regroup before tournaments roll around, if not, we will be in some trouble. the lady rockets need to realize their strengths, which is pounding the ball inside to jones, who needs to finish. with wilson and whitworth sitting on the perimeter, knight driving to the goal, and housch picking up the trash, we should have no problems. we just need to step it up and play like we did a month ago. as for the fans, that was the worst sportsmanship i think i have ever seen at moore co. they acted way too immature for their age. i find it hilarious that high school players have better sportsmanship than the one lady who yelled at an injured player. there should be no excuses for the loss, because hopefully we will be matching up with moore co. again when it comes time for the first place game in districts.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started this thread it was because I was excited about seeing these two teams play. The first meeting was a good one with Abby and Kori going toe to toe with their different styles. But it seems MC's coach wasn't interested in entertaining me and played a team game with different girls on Kori and attacking our zone defense(That had been working well) from the outside and hitting almost every three they put up. Our girls did a good job up and down the court and getting their shots off but they just didn't drop in. So MC jumped out to a big lead and we just couldn't get anything going. I really enjoyed seeing the bench play against some top talent that helped ease the pain. Sorry i don't have the names of the MC girls that had such a good game against us, they played very good as a TEAM. Our girls just need to get back to practice and work hard. We love you all, Play Hard and Have Fun!

To: imoses and Mrs. Hockeytown- I too was sitting on the visitor's side during the game and more specifically when the Forrest player was hurt. The man from Moore County did not say 'you got what you deserved'. I heard him and then I heard your outburst. I really was confused and wanted to just turn around right then, sort of as an arbitrator and ask what did you think he said. It was obvious you misunderstood him. I decided to sit quietly and just let you rant. Your fans were way too emotional throughout the game and I knew it would just make matters worse. I assumed you were so keyed up because the game was so out of reach, not the usual match-up. I just attributed your reaction as a way to vent. I even took the opportunity to explain to a child sitting near me why we shouldn't act like that at a ballgame.

I sat there and went back in time in my mind to a game several years ago between the same two teams. That night a Moore Co. girl got hurt under the goal. She layed on the floor for awhile, the teams left the court, all fans on both sides were silent as she was being looked after, then breaking the silence was Forrest's coach's wife, standing up clapping her hands wildly and screaming "Way to go Ezell". Unfortuneately there was no misunderstanding her that night, the whole gym heard her. I wondered forever if she felt like Ezell was suppose to hurt the girl and she was proud of her for doing so.

In my opinion some of the best ball around is 11A, small schools, players trying their hardest for their communities not just their school. It's good clean competition and entertainment that fades fast. Harbor your anger and enjoy your child's playing years.

As to why Moore County's fans were sitting on the visitor's side, the size of the gym and the number of fans is the reason for this. Moore County needs a bigger gym. The home side fills up too quickly and some have to sit on the visitor's side.