Jewel Flowers

Guest fliptwentysix

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Laughing stock? I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the Falcons won 21-20 in the quarterfinals at Tiptonville. Best high school football game I ever saw, and I was in 7th grade at the time. Don't remember much about Jewel's stats that night, but he was a Mr. Football candidate that year. Lost to Bruceton's Joe Longmire--both in the semi-finals the next week and for the Mr. Football award.

And yes, he is now in prison. Scheduled to serve about 25, from what I've heard.

Speaking of Longmire, whatever happened to him?

• 5 weeks later...

Yes Moore County did make a laughing stock of that young man in that game. He had 45 total rushing yards that game. The lowest yardage he had ever put up in a game I believe. That was a heck of a game though. Both teams played awesome and if it wasn't for a missed PAT it would have went into overtime. Those moore county boys were head hunters that game. That was what a football game is all about fight and determination, something that I believe these kids today lack. :blink: