Best in Chattanooga

PSAFOUR

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor lost 5-0 to Beardon.

Notre Dame tied Westminster 1-1.

McCallie plays Westminster today at 4 p.m.

This is probably one of the most even years for local soccer teams. No one is dominating. I don't think Baylor and McCallie will be on top of the chattanoogan.com coaches poll in a few weeks. I see CSAS, Notre Dame, McMinn Co and CCS moving up.

Since McCallie and Baylor can't get most local public schools to play them it is hard to compare. I think Baylor does play Soddy later in the year. Many of the good local teams are playing in the CCS tournament next week.

Should be interesting.

mccallie has a couple of big tests coming up this weekend. they take on the #1 team in the NATION, Parkview, on thursday, and another perennial national power, Norman North, OK on friday. itll be a big test for the young team. i'm sure theyll do better than most teams in the area would though

This year i think Notre Dame will be the team to beat. I know Baylor and Mccallie will be somewhere in the mix and these teams will play soon so we will see how they match up.I saw Mccallie play Boyd but that was without Corey up front so they prob have a little more fire power in the front. Saw Notre Dame beat Knox Catholic and they seemed to be ahead of everyone else in the city at that point. CSAS is pretty strong, they destroyed my ex high school (Boyd) and i havent see CCS play yet but i plan on attending CCS vs CSAS game. To me the area seems to be down a little bit from last year in competition, but thats just me, good luck on the rest of everyoens season.

nope... imsure those players go to Notre Dame because it offered and it is a much better option than the inner city schools as far as exposure and academics are concerned.

If your options were brainerd/howard/tyner -vs- Notre Dame which would you go with. sure those public schools can offer the fact that people from their school have gone on to bigger and better things, but what is the ratio of kids going somwhere -vs- kids still living in project housing.

besides this is a soccer board... bring up soccer players that aren't going b/c its a catholic school or their history of state championships