Best in Chattanooga

PSAFOUR

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, why is there a question as to whether CSAS is public or not? They are just as public as Ooltewah, Soddy, East Ridge, Tyner, Howard, etc....Secondly, CSAS has a lot more individual talent than Ootlewah. I would like to see them play each other. Should be a good game, but I have to give the edge to CSAS. My prediction in a game would be CSAS 4- Ooltewah 2. Also, Derek Pickett is by far the best goalie in the area. He is competitive for the best keeper in the state! Good luck to the Owls and Patriots.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... farragaut killed mccallie 4-0 but you have to take into account that McCallie had only practiced 2 days outside prior to the game. Were missing 5 starters due to injury and had only 1 sub. Thats pretty tough against an incredible team who has been playing together for quite some time.

Excuses excuses.... i know. Mccallie is 6-0 since then however.

I dont really see why everyone underestimates OOltewah, because we have some real talented and skilled players this year. One to speak of is Tyler Merchant, whose skill and talent rivals anyone in the area and East Tennessee as well. Also, Ooltewah playe Csas last year or the year before and they were no challenge for us. I think we shut them out to be honest, and many subs were played that game as well. Even tho Ooltewah has started off slow this year, we should defenitely pick it back up, because we have the coaching defenitely, it is just up to us how far we can take it.

Personally i think Ooltewah is overrated every year. Last year that is all i heard about was ooltewah this and ooltewah that. after we played them last year and pretty much wore them out all over the field. that is what made me realize they were overrated. tyler is a very good player,very quick but even though they went to sub state last year they didnt really impress me, and this year with they wya things have started out i dont think though owuld impress me this year. i havent seen them play yet but plan on it since i live like 5 min away from the high school.

falcon,

i figure you played for Boyd. and if so you know as well as anyone that the game last year between boyd and ooltewah was possibly the worst officiated game of the year, not to mention the plating conditions were not exactly suited for the skilled/possesion style game that ooltewah prefers.

ooltewah was not overrated last season. just a very good squad. boyd was better, however, on that night adn therefore you are correct, that we wouldn't have impressed anyone that evening.