Best in Chattanooga

PSAFOUR

officiating for that game was not bad..your coach went psycho for no reason. both teams had to play in the conditions. i wish we could of played u on a dry field so that couldnt be a excuse. i watched ooltewah play soddy for the region finals and they still did not impress me. ill still feel the same..overrated

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that on that night Boyd was the better team. You guys got into our heads and made us play your game. The loss cannot be blamed on field conditions, Boyd beat us. You guys are to be congratulated for that. As for me (the coach) going "psycho". You had to have been in my shoes to know what really happend.

In the regional final we played pretty good in the last 10 minutes of overtime. Soddy played their hearts out that night and played a good game.

Despite their loss to Grace I think that McMinn County is probably the best AAA team in the area.

The McCallie/Baylor question can only be solved on the field. I am sure that they will be playing more than once this year.

[Edited by kcteagle on 4-2-03 9:16A]

[Edited by kcteagle on 4-2-03 9:17A]

Guest boyd9

Dont blame that game on the officiating or the field that ooltawah plays "high quality games on" If you cant play good anywhere but at ooltawah then your team has some problems. That excuse was very stupid and i hope you win all your home games and lose all your away games because of the field.....HA...the field....what a dumb excuse

well p.j...dalton was pimp. they were big, smart, and pretty skilled. like the mccallie coach said, "They are a skilled team and they made us pay for our mistakes. They showed us how young we are this afternoon." They got rocked it seemed because they didn't have much of a midfield presence. Their two solid and experienced players are at the sweeper (shanks), and up top (corey). There wasn't much of midfield buildup to help corey out up front. Every chance was a 1 v. 4, and nobody is good enough to beat four guys from 50 yards out which is where he always got the ball. Overall, Dalton was impressive and Mccallie wasn't.

Takedown...that's irrelevant that dalton is from georgia. I would hope, since I live in Chattanooga, that the "best" team from here wouldn't get beat as badly as they did. Dalton was very good. I saw the game, but it was much more an issue of a very solid and bigger team beating a team without as much talent as them. Don't be suprised if ND knocks of Baylor and Mccallie. (and no I don't go to Notre Dame.)

Ooltewah won't schedule McCallie or Baylor because the principal won't let them. I, the coach last year, had both of them scheduled and was told by the administration to take them off. So don't knock the team for something that is beyond thier control. As far as I know Ooltewah is the only school in the area that is NOT ALLOWED by its administration to play Baylor and McCallie.

Certainly don't dispute that Baylor and McCallie are relatively weak this year and Notre Dame might beat both. That "relatively" is based upon both dominating the local soccer scene for the last 4 years. However, Dalton isn't in Chattanooga or they probably would be the "Best in Chattanooga". Do you want to expand the thread to "Best in Chattanooga, North Georgia and Dalton"?

It is unfortunate that Ooltewah won't play Baylor or McCallie whatever the reason. Reducing competition doesn't improve anyone's game.