Young Talent In Middle TN

strikethree

Two young players for Hume Fogg, Jacquelyn Simpkins and Carly Hill, might be worth a look. Both should be something by the time they are Junior/Seniors. Carly is a freshman pitcher with lots of raw talent. Jacquelyn, as a freshman, had one of the best gloves at 1st base that I saw last year and she has been working hard in the off season. Watch for them.

Go Blue Knights!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riley Mashburn must be on the list of young talent. She's a 7th grader at Brentwood Academy this year. There is no doubt that she will play on the high school team (maybe even start as pitcher) next year as an 8th grader. Right now Riley isn't very strong hitting, running, or fielding; but she's one heck of a pitcher. And with the mindset that she has she will improve in ALL aspects of her game....ok well except maybe at running. Good luck this year in middle school ball, girl!

You are right about Riley being a good pitcher. She dominates in her age. She threw 58 mph as a 12 year old last fall at Club K...she could be faster now. I heard that she may change schools though. I think her dad would like to see and her sister Shelby, who is also a pretty good pitcher, play together. Who knows.

I'm just curious as to why you believe that Riley will never start pitching over Shelby? Because I believe (if Riley does stay at BA) that when Riley is a freshman and Shelby a senior that you very well could see Riley pitching some games over Shelby. It will be a great sister pitching duo to see if and when it gets to that point.

I realize we are not noted as a powerhouse team but i believe from what im seeing with the youth of this team and some 8th grade girls ive seen Lincoln Co. has the potential of becoming known around the state. I do have to mention one lady though a sophmore this year that showed as a freshman last year she is an outstanding young lady and a fantastic ball player. The name is Whitney Horton but again there are some others on this team that will get to prove themselves this year and i reall y believe softball in Lincoln Co. will start moving up the ladder soon. Or at least i hope so.Everyone have a great spring and best of luck.