how good will brentwood high be

WH05

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Softball007

i think bhs will compete hard this year and i would love to see them not only get to state but win the title. i have seen all their seniors and their junior play and i think that they have a really good chance.

I'm not knocking BHS or Allison Tyree when I say this, but I just don't think she has what it takes for them to be as good as maybe some people are saying that they're going to be. She is a pretty good pitcher but I just don't think she's quite as good as everyone says that she is. I don't mean that in a bad way but I've heard people say that she's got what it takes to lead BHS just like Sarah led BA. But never-the-less BHS will have a pretty good team overall. Good luck Brentwood and good look Allison...maybe you can carry them in your last couple of years.

i agree that alison tyree is not going to carry the bruins like sarah meek did. but i think as long as she works hard she will do well. i think sarah meek had to carry the eagles by herself, alison doesn't have to carry the bruins all by herself. she should have help from her seniors jennifer jones, krissy casey, and kelly major and they should help out alot. also i think the underclassman, like lindsay cavara, and kelly tyree, and kaitlin jones,and katie rothmel should also do very well also. good luck bruins!

Ok, well i respect yalls opinion of me and not thinking im that good and stuff...and i know im not a megan rhodes or a sara meek, but ill do the best i can to help my team out this year. and of course i cant carry a team by myself. sara meek didnt win the games all by herself. yeah she definatley had a huge impact, but she didnt score all the runs and make all the defensive plays by herself. last time i checked this is a team sport and i think as a team, Brentwood will do good this year! :o

alliegator11, good response by not getting dragged down

by those negative comments.

to everyone else, bashing players is not called for

in this forum. keep in mind, this it negative, and it

can backfire if you get bashed in return. show some

class and sportsmanship, keep this thread positive,

and don't disrespect players on this forum.

moderators, please continue to remind everyone of proper

behavior in this forum. these kids are amateur athletes

we are talking about, they are not getting paid to be

abused and criticized in public. :o

Guest korea3284

Alli! I am so proud of you for the way that you handled what that person said about you. I'm sorry that they posted it and even sorrier that you had to see it. Definitely very uncalled for. You are an incredible pitcher and you're right, pitchers don't carry the team. Sara Meek did not carry the Lady Eagles. If I'm not mistaken, it's the runs that win the game in the end and pitching doesn't score those. Yes, she was a good hitter too, but she also had a good defense behind her and the bats really started coming around in the past couple of years. Alli, you should feel NO pressure about trying to "carry" the team. You just do the best that you can and let your strong defense as well as your hitters take care of the rest. Always remember the old saying, "There is no I in TEAM!" I'm rooting for you Alliegator and I have full faith that you and the Lady Bruins will do just fine if not great. Good luck guys! :o

If you all have never faced Allison, and you just watch her pitch I can understand how you can question her, but if you face her you will understand. How it works, I really don't know, but just when you think you are about to hit the ball, it like falls. Not drops, but falls! Yeah, it is crazy, but it is very frustrating, b/c it is right there, and then boom, it's gone. And after she does it to you on your first at bat you are embarrassed, second at bat, annoyed, and by the end of the game you just accept it.

I have played with Allison since I was 10, and played against her for the past 2 years. I have seen batters do this so many times. I have done it in practice, and maybe in a game.

You look at Sara Meek, and try to compare her to Allison, that's nuts. Sara overpowers batters, Sara throws hard and she throws everywhere. Allison gets in your head, and after she is there, it is all over.

Allison, you know what your doing. Keep it up, I love you. Good Luck BHS. :o