how good will brentwood high be

WH05

I don't think that Tnthrow was comparing Allison Tyree to Sara Meek, but that he was just saying that he had heard people doing that. I would agree that doing so is "nuts" and I believe (judging by what Tnthrow said) that he would consider it "nuts" as well. I do not see anywhere on this thread where someone is "bashing" someone else. You're right Allison, this is a team sport. However, unfortunatly some pitchers are so dominant and the team they play for is so weak that this game is often looked at as not being the team sport that it really is. Good luck Brentwood.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., for all the Tyree haters out there, here are the best winning percentages in the state last year.

1st- Ann Marie Odum, Forrest, 22-2, 165 K, Senior.

2nd- Danielle Pieroni, Goodpasture, 30-3, 321 K, Freshman.

3rd- Mary Heather White, Giles Co., 28-3, 219 K, Senior.

4th- Allison Tyree, Brentwood High, 30-7, 175 K, Sophmore.

So, as you can see, Tyree had the fourth best winning percentage in the state last year. There are enough pitchers in this state to fill the Grand Canyon and she's sitting very close to the top. I'm gonna have to be a hippocrate for just a second. I know that I'm all about freedom of speech on this board, but when TNthrow says "I just don't think she has what it takes for them to be as good as people are saying that they are going to be", I've got to send out a HATER ALERT on TNthrow. I suspect TNthrow's daughter is a pitcher who hasn't had the success that Tyree has had. Hopefully I'm wrong and TNthow is just a teenager who does'nt know any better. To anyone who wants to talk about how someone else does'nt have what it takes; let's hear some of your accomplishments. Who wants to bet we will see nothing posted by Tnthrow regarding his/her accomplishments. Tyree, I do not know you but I have seen you pitch, and let me tell you, you do have what it takes. Don't let the haters get to ya.

Well, since I've known allison all her life, and I know her fairly well, I know that some of the comments made about her on this board will not get her down--and I'm proud of you for that al! As a wise man has said many times before (dad ;) ), "You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can everyday." So continue working hard-I know you will. Set your goals and stick with them until the end! Open minds will dominate! As you continue to work hard, don't forget to have fun (did i even have to say that?)!! We're all proud of you. Best of luck to the BHS TEAM this season! Love ya allie! :D

This thread started out how good will Brentwood be. It can be as good as the players want it to be, by working hard & doing what their new coach wants them to do. This will be the 3rd coach in 3 years, but it is a program full of tradition & experience & new talent that will be in the hunt in a very strong District with Overton (Sara H), Franklin (Lauren W) & Hickman Co will be a force to reckon with. Hilsboro will be much improved, but just to get out of the District will be no treat.

How good will Allison be? You can judge by the record, but there are many players with her that will WIN in the end. There are also other pitchers that will play more of a factor this year, while last year, the experience just wasn't there to help her out, even playing the last 4 weeks hurt.

I'm so proud of ALL Allison has done. She plays when she's hurt, sick. She's a gamer who loves when the ump says "play ball". She's been part of a pretty good travel team, been a big part of a team that has finished in the Top 10, 5 times at National tournaments. Has she had help, yes, has she done it by her self, no. Is she a leader, yes.

It's funny what Ezellsoftball04 says about batters facing her. I have seen for years coaches yelling at players telling them what is coming on the next pitch & then they swing and walk back to the duggout, frustrated. No, she is not going to blow it by you, BUT, she does very well, what she does. She has an excellent pitching coach & she can go as far as she wants to go. Not many players would allow me to coach her the way I am able to, but not many players are like Allie- Go get them girl, I'm proud of the way you have handled this thread & just go play softball & have fun doing it. GO BHS!!! ;)

Did I miss something? Were some posts deleted? Who are all the "Tyree haters" out there? Who has been bashing Allison Tyree? Surely you are not referring to the post by Tnthrow. He says, "She is a pretty good pitcher but I just don't think she's quite as good as everyone says that she is." He then goes on to wish her and her team good luck. While this may not be glowing praise, I certainly don't consider it bashing or hateful.

The strand asks the question, "how good will brentwood high be?" The person who started the strand asked for opinions and Tnthrow gave his. It may not have been what the original poster wanted to hear, but at least he gave it in a civil manner. Brentwood always fields a very competitive team. However, they have not been to the state tournament in at least 4 years, including Kacey Ellis's senior year. Last year they graduated 4 seniors, at least three of whom have gone on to play college softball. There have been a lot of posts recently talking about Brentwood as state contenders. While I believe that they have the ability to beat any given team on any given day, I have to agree with Tnthrow that they will have a hard uphill battle if they are going to win a state championship.

I think Allison Tyree is an excellent pitcher with a great atitude. I think Brentwood will field a very competitive team as they always do. I also think that they will come up short of a state title. Just my opinion. In 3 1/2 months we will know who was right and who was wrong. In the meantime, good luck to Allison, to Brentwood, and to all of the other teams who set their goals high and work hard to meet them.

[Edited by fpjunkie on 2-5-03 9:22A]

I can also say that you dont know what allie can do until you actually face her and yes she is a good pitcher, but the thread wasnt called, "how good is allison tyree?" it's called, "how good will brentwood high be?" i think that all the talk about allison has taken away from brentwood's other top players. so if anyone has any comments on how good bhs will be or about the other good players on the team please let me know. thanks

Brentwood has soo much potential this year - and all yall saying stuff about pitchers and not having what it takes-- i want to see you out practicing 7 days a week throwing 4 games a day = dont put all the weight on them. a pitcher is only as good as her team is...and all the stuff about meek... hitting won state for them... hitting won district for them it takes 9 girls to play ball. i think bhs has plenty of talent this year - i hope they will do good! good luck girls.

I think that they will get key play out of their seniors and underclassmen. lindsay cavara behind the plate will do great along with freshman pitcher katie rothamel. kaitlyn jones & kelly tyree will help them too. with new transfer senior krissy casey they will have another strong hitter and better defense along w/ their underclassmen. their 2 true seniors, jennifer jones & kelly major, will definately have a lot to do with their winning season. I think you will defianetly see them late into the postseason.

has anyone seen kim possible play? man i wish i was that good. she played right field during the fall and nothing got by her. she is like brentwood's new secret weapon. she is also the coolest person i know..."east side, west side". with her on the team there is no telling how far Brentwood can go. good luck and bruins and kim possible is my hero!

Everyone saying that Allie is not the only one carrying bhs this year could not be any more right! She has a great team behind her and we will go far. However, Allie will play a big part in leading the team, as she has always done. Last year our coach put her in the District Title game against Overton in the last inning with no outs, bases loaded, and we were only up by one run. She was sick and hurt and she still came in the game to bail out our other pitcher. And we got 3 up 3 down I beleive. If that doesn't show Allie's true colors, I don't know what will.

Love ya alls! Go Brentwood. ~Kaitlyn~