Unaka High Fans!!

sportiemom

Guest KillsAndThrills

To start with, griping and fighting does not help attract fans. When you accuse players and fans of not watching the games that doesn't make any other of the fans they have no want to stay and watch the game either. I think as a supporter of both teams that you need to stop complaining and just stop worrying about the fans. Games are played with players not fans and when you get mad at the ones you got, you lose them instead of gain them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a big fan of girls basketball but I pull for the Lady Rangers and Coach Chambers. To be honest fewer students come to the games anymore. Why? I think one reason is ticket prices. With tickets at four and five dollars, concessions, and such people are staying away from the gym. Students are few at the games. Unaka is fortunate to have a fan base that has followed them for years. You see the same faces night in and night out. I don't care to pay the adult prices but no way should students pay the same. I have stated many times although some can afford it others can't. Suggestion. Try selling student tickets during the week. Let elementary kids in at half price. Come up with gimmicks to win over a fan base. Or we could just play University High and Cloudland every week, throw in Hampton and Elizabethton and we could pack the place every night. I will try to do a better job supporting the Lady Rangers in the future.

OK Patty Taylor you need to calm way down. First you need to wait until your daughter is on the team(if she makes it) before you rasie came on the fans. Second, the boys team does not not get to come and go from the locker room as they please, Coach Ensor makes that decision. and that is the time they are preparing for the game. And i agree wilsonball the student section is made up of mostly old unaka boys basketball players. so think and know your facts before you say anything else.

This sportsmom lady sounds like an angry person. Watching a high school girls basketball game is about like watching paint dry. I don't say this as an insult. I have many friends and relatives who play and I wish them the best, but it is the truth. The boys team can not just leave their locker room to cheer for the girls team. They have to prepare themselves for their own game. You are making some unfair accusations.

Come on people!!! I did not intend to make people mad with this post. My intentsions were to get us together as a community and help the girls as well as the boys and everyone started getting all defensive. Our gitls are a good bunch of girls. They have a good chance to go and win state just like the boys. I just think that we as a whole should do our part (which is minor) and help them. It is not about who I am, what Johnny Ensor does, or what every other high school does. It is about "OUR" girls and the help we can give them. I really don't think I was asking for much. A few more claps, a louder yell. If you don't want to do that then that is fine but you don't have to get on here and put the girls down. They did not do anything, I did. Some of those shots were cheap and they don't deserve that. Attack me not them. They had nothing to do with this.

[Edited by sportiemom on 2-2-03 3:38P]

take this trash to the girls board where it is more likely not to be read by the entire state and embarass our community as you so say and quit trying to make people like something they dont for example i hate liver and no matter what is done to it i still dont like it but on a personal note i would rather go to an all you can eat liver buffet than set through a girls game so then

The last time I checked Unaka girls record is much better than the Unaka boys. I watched the Cloudland/Unaka girls and boys games and feel you had better cheer for your girls because they are the only team at Unaka capable of making it to the states. I think there are only two teams capable of making it to states from Carter County and it is the Cloudland and Unaka girls. Like it or not that is the facts.

Gee Kilt - Thanks for the vote of confidence. But, this thread has nothing to do with who is or isn't going to state this year. It's terrible that this was even started because like somebody stated earlier we don't need to air our dirty laundry on the world wide web. We shouldn't be knocking our girls any more than knocking the people that are at the games. I cheer for both and hope they both do well. ;)