Lane pins 19-0 Baker

sly

We clearly will not agree on what the definition of a Champion is. Being good entitles you to nothing except possible victory. Arrogance and mouthy confidence have little to do with being a true champion. Does it also entitle John to get on here and consistently use profanity references in his posts? After all he's good, right? Champions are guys like Phillip Simpson, Rusty Blackmon,and Darren McKnight who understood both intensity and sportsmanship and just how far a little humility will take you. Just look at the legacy they've left behind. It is far more than just being tough on the mat. But that is only my opinion. Your values are your own.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lane could take a page from Martin Francis. Everyone knows he won 4 states against all comers, public and private. Martin was gracious in victory and actually kind of laid back about the whole thing. He never embarrassed Notre Dame and Chattanooga by hotdogging on the mat.

When people remember Lane (actually they only do for 3 or 4

years) they'll remember him more for his arrogance than anything else. Don't his parents have any kind of influence on him or don't they care.

I agree about being cocky but you have to be confident in sports.....it is just the attitude you have to take......now i do admit that there is a fine line between being cocky and confident......now don't get me wrong jon is cocky but i think it is only on the mat....but you can not judge soddy by one persons attitude......whether it is jon or anybody else.....every school has something that is ten times worse than jon......i also agree that people find someone to hate that is on top......but i am not going to get on here and down either opinion...but i think that jon showed class by apologizing..........but no matter how cocky jon is he still knows i would whip him off the matt...........LOL............GOOD LUCK AT STATE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

As the vast majority of you know, my name is Brian Drinkwine. I am the older brother of Jonathan Drinkwine, and know that he is NOT "overtonrox". I do not know who that person is, but I know that they are not the typical representative of Overton wrestling. I feel that I can speak for most all Overton fans/wrestlers, when I say that the Overton wrestling program does not stand for politics, trash talk, or childish games... but instead, it hopes to represent hard work, determination, and heart.

I know that Jonathan could care less about what people say on this board, and would probably be disgusted to here that he is even a topic of discussion. As far as I know, he has never even looked at this board. However, that is not the point. The point is that those who misrepresent Overton, Soddy Daisy, or any other team, can just as soon leave this message board for all I care. I would rather die than listen to their classless, trashy, immature, pointless and unsportsmanlike insinuating remarks about other teams and their wrestlers. To those who are disgusted as much by these people's remarks as I am, I would suggest simply ignoring their statements, for they aren't worth listening to.

Guest 1moretime

hey dragonwrestler, since bradley favors so well with the rankings, which baker did get beat by the number 1 guy. i guess kyle james should not be ranked since he got stuck by a nobody? right?

Just reading this thread makes me laugh. In a day and age where technology is very prevailant, I find it funny that someone would get on line just to tell people how good he was. I never remember Keller, Blackmon, McKnight, Simpson, or any good TN wrestler for that matter, getting online JUST to tell everyone how good they were. I mean that's great that you are a great wrestler. You still have state in front of you and just because you got on here and told everyone how good you are , wrestlers from all over the state would love to knock you out of 1st place contention. Although I'm sure you would love the challenge, I'm sure there are plenty of tournaments out west or up north that would give you some great competetion that would in turn make you an even better wrestler. Just a thought.

Guest BigFatFan

Quick question, don't want to start any trouble or anything, but who beat Lane this year? I don't remember him getting beat. As of 2/4 his record shows 32-1. Just wondering if he will wrestle againt the same person in the state. If so I don't want to miss it.