Lane pins 19-0 Baker

sly

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbit is right... Lane is BAD! And everyone doesn't like who's on top, unless you go to that school, or have some association with that wrestler. Here's who I think is going to be top contenders at the state. Lane, needs to be ready, even though he has basically killed all these wrestlers:

Lane (SD)

Drinkwine(OV)

Baker(BC)

Gooden(RB)

Carter(RC)

Dix(FARR)

Morgan(Clev)

***Lane already knows the adrenaline rush for the state, so he knows how to prepare himself. Gooden also knows how to be mentally prepared throughout the state. Good coaching comes in play alot through the close, tough matches. I belive all these wrestlers are good and competitive. I've seen all these wrestlers this year in dual meets and in tounrey's. This will be the toughest weight in my opinion.

[Edited by TikeG on 2-3-03 10:09A]

Guest overtonrox

Oh believe me.It's much more than just the fact that he's the number 1 wrestler right now. He simply deserves to be beaten.

I agree that this is going to be the toughest weight. It might not have the most returning placers, but it definitely is the most solid from top to bottom. If you look at how many good wrestlers are in certain regions, there is no doubt that there will be some great wrestlers going home with no medal because of a bad draw.

overtonrox, how can you say someone "deserves" to be beaten? it seems to me that all of you hatin on lane are just upset cuz he has beaten everybody pretty badly! i agree with rabbit, everyone hates the guy on top! don't be mad that he is arrogant cuz he obviously has a right to be and until someone beats him he will probably continue to be arrogant! also don't look at soddy daisy or coach henry differently because one kid is cocky! coach henry is one of the most respected wrestling coaches in tenn. so show some respect!

Guest somethingCLEVER

yes,i enjoy seeing him wrestle,but when you laugh at someone while shaking their hand after a match,im not feeling that at all.....i would love to see this kid get humbled.....baker,drinkwine,or whoever else,please knock this child off of his soap box.....

U all are a bunch of hatters...mad props to Lanes brute force and mad skills.....he will make us proud come time for nationaqls next year......ast for the overton guy who is posting on here, i iwll be willing to bet that is Drinkwine who lane stcu in like 43 seconds....good look to lane and all that will be gunning for himn in chatanooga.

this is john and this is my one and only name now and im sorry for posting my bad remarks and being to cocky im just trying to stay confident about myself winning state.i dont want anyone thinking less of soddy daisy wrestling or myself.and about me smiling after i beat my guys if you watch my matches close enough you'll see i even smile while im wrestling.i cant help that and that just the way that i am.and i didnt start this thread or whatever i just wrote the 2nd thing on someone elses name.the only reason i said that stuff also is b/c people made me mad talkin some crap.but people can think whatever they want about me.b/c in two weeks it comes down to who wants the gold the most and personally i know i want it the most and nothing will stand in my way. ;)

No doubt. Good and probable State Champion

Cocky? Yes

Arrogant? Yes

Embarrassing for usually humble Soddy? Yes

Tarnishing his reputation? Yes

but is he Religious? Because you should humble yourself and give thanks that Matt Keller graduated last year, because Matt didn't talk about being a State Champion. He did it 4 times and was a 3 time High School All American. If Matt had been born a year later, John would know humility. 135 lbs. would suddenly get a little uncomfortable and the smirkish smile would be gone.

Thats like saying man if Darrin McKnight, or Kevin Ward, if one of these guys were born later or earlier they would dominate this class or that class, I mean come on Keller was an awesome wrestler, one of the best all time from this state and we know it, but that was during his time, right now John Lane is the best and yes in my opinion he deserves to be cocky, deserves to have a smile, if he can beat everyone in state and every top rank then let him do these things.