Scott/Morgan/Roane/Campbell/Anderson TSMAA bracket

TheAnswer9

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kazam if you check your facts out you would know that robbins had a better record than fairview and oneida. there was miscommunication in seeing this before the seeding took place. i guess you are still mad that robbins football team not only knocked your team out of a district championship but also the playoffs as well. but im sure you are going to blame that on that mr branum guy also. why be such a poor sport. oh i forgot you are from oneida that comes with the territory doesn't it! speaking of fair play. i think at the beginning oneida was supposed to play in the big school division. they cried about and said it wasnt fair, so the small schools voted to allow them to drop down. if i'm not mistaken the scott county schools voted for oneida. you should be thanking them instead of pouting about it.

[Edited by tn33 on 2-6-03 12:20P]

Well, don't our skin run thin! Lets also examine strength of schedule, my friend, and number of games played. Robbins played 2 less games than Oneida and I suppose they played Jacksboro, Lake City, Harriman, and Norris who's combined record is (45-26), and with one exception, Harriman, are in the large class. The answer is Lake City, a team Oneida defeated, but I believe Robbins wasn't able to beat. Ask Branum why he didn't speak up at the original meeting on Saturday morning, I'm sure he could have gotten an excellent debate from the other schools. You see, It's not essentially what he did, it's the way he goes about it that is, in essence, the root of the problem. Bottom line:

The bracket should not of changed because it had been set, and when it got changed, it put Norwood, Fairveiw, Oneida, Jellico, and Oliver Springs in a competative disadvantage because they were getting information (all Saturday afternoon) on teams they ultimately did not get the chance

to play. Everything is done, but these things ultmately need to be addressed so that everyone feels the conference is run in all teams best interest. Think about it! :)

bottom line in all fairness as you say oneida should be in the large school division. and that is according to their enrollment. the way the district was set up it wasnt based on strength of schedule it was overall record. the county teams would have scheduled these other teams but norwood and all the other teams schedule was full. i know im wrong and you are right since you are from oneida! :)

Since games on Thursday and Friday at Norwood have been called off due to weather I am hearing there could be as many as 8 games played on Saturday starting at 10am. Given that schedule the semifinal round would be played as well of the final round.

I will find out beyond a shadow of a doubt what the schedule is going to look like and post it here as soon as possible my friends.

The finals are set and what a match-up it is:

1 Huntsville vs 2 Oliver Springs (G) 6pm Monday

1 Robbins vs 3 Wartburg (;) 7pm Monday

In the girls action on Saturday evening at Norwood:

#1 Huntsville staved off a late #4 Norwood rally to win by 3pts--remaining undefeated in the process.

#2 Oliver Springs took #6 Fairview to the woodshed by the final score of 56-27

tn33, I guess you weren't at the Robbins/Oneida football game. If you were you would've seen Robbins principal CHEAT 2 great teams out of a good game. Anytime Oneida got momentum, the game was mysteriously stopped for some reason. He had the refs in his pocket. But Oneida is a poor sport? That just goes to show what it takes to get Oneida out of a championship. I'm glad Robbins went on, they had a good team, it's just a shame that a school administrator stooped that low. Looks like it's not changed.....