Lewis County Legends Report to Spring Training

fadeaway

I have heard some striking similarities to this weeks Faculty/Student game and the recent NBA All-Star game.

First there is the Yao Ming/Michael Jackson similarity. Yao was selected by the fans to start the All-Star game in his rookie year over the veteran Shaq because the ballot was also in Chinese on the Internet. Jackson was selected by the students to start the Faculty game in his rookie year over the veteran Tim Watkins because the ballot was also in Spanish in the Commons Area. Both Jackson and Watkins give praise to one another and say the matter is no big deal to either of them.

The second similarity is the Michael "Air" Jordan starting controversey/Howard "The Bear" Spears starting controversey. Jordan was playing in his final All-Star game but was not voted into the starting lineup by the fans, who selected Vince Carter instead. Carter refused early on to give up his starting role to Jordan. Spears is also playing in his final All-Star game but was not voted into the lineup by the students, who selected Scotty Duncan instead. Like the NBA situation where Iverson and McGrady offered their starting positions to Jordan, so to have Evan Lawson and Glenn Cox offered their spots to Spears. The matter is still unresolved.

The third similarity is the coaching situations. At the All-Star game Isiah Thomas was coaching his former arch rival Michael Jordan (whom Thomas "iced out" in Jordan's first All-Star game). At the faculty game Eugene Grinder will coach his former arch rival Howard Spears (whom Grinder "iced out" in Spear's first faculty game). Thomas and Jordan got along fine, but how Grinder and Spears co-exists has yet to be seen.

Stay tuned for more developing stories as the Faculty/Student game is only two more days away!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a weird NBA All-Star/Faculty Game similarity too. It has been rumored that Mrs. Baxter is planning a touching ceremony at halftime of the Student-Faculty game in which she plans to honor ˜The Bear˜ Howard Spears by presenting a powerpoint slide show featuring highlights of his career, sort of like how they did for Jordan.

Also set to perform at the halftime festivities (during the slide show) is Vernalisa Walker, who will sing the song "Hero" via Karaoke. She will be wearing a specially made throwback 1974 Howard Spears jersey/dress which is said to be similar to Mariah Carey's Jordan jersey/dress at the All-Star game.

Finally it has been reported that Dr. Tim Webb is doing everything in his power to make sure Spears will be in the starting lineup at the Faculty game. He, along with other administrators and teachers have been applying continuous pressure on Duncan to give up his starting role so that Spears may start. Duncan still hasn˜t given in saying that it wouldn˜t be right to the students who voted him in. Spears has repeatedly said he is not looking for charity and is prepared to come off the bench. More as this story develops.

i agree with mex if they run zone we have a strong chance of winning. now to the Howard "the bear" Spears controversy, i hope he starts his last game, it will be a huge honor to step onto the same floor as him. the student team has asked Robert "the bear" Ashworth to play on thier team, but the bear refused, sayin that he must stay in town to "pimp" saying quote:"pimpin ain't easy, but someone must do it" so the students are stuck with the original starting 5. i'm looking forward to an exciting game against all of you.

I think these post are outragously funny, but I find it even more funny that the lit'l mexican thinks they could beat a team that consists of: Trav, Kelt, Kelt, Rodgers, Cox, and Lawson. Mr.Pace has announced that will be the core of the team. To the guys who have stated they cannot win and just want to have fun, thanks for being honest....to the lit'l mex..WAKE UP!!!! :(:D

Guest TheLastActionHero

Can anybody tell me all of the starters and the benches, with some in depth breakdowns(strengths,weaknesses). And when is this game going to be played? Thanks Phat Jay does it for the Tippi Ti's.

the starters for the students are as follows: Jason "tha phat 1" watson, Justin "i can't believe its not butter" chapin, Zach "the brother of i can't believe its not butter" chapin, Dustin "lil bit" McConnell, Alex "Stick" Edwards. coming off the bench we have Aaron "deadly thrwee" LaRue, and Brooks "I've gotta stop smokin'" Anthony.