Lewis County Legends Report to Spring Training

fadeaway

I heard over the weekend that the TSSAA is investigating a possible rules violation by one of the Panthers. It is believed Luke Curfman has received two Lewis County throwback jerseys (of basketball great Lee Burklow and football legend Wade Perry) from the HodgePodge. While Curfman insists the jerseys were given to him as a reward for making the gold honor roll this past 9 weeks, others insist it was for his MVP-type performances with the Panthers. HodgePodge owner Don Jones has declined comment. More as this story develops.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of Luke has told reporters that Curfman does indeed collect throwback jerseys and currently has a closet full. Jersey's that were mentioned by the friend include : A '92 LCHS Baseball Throwback Jersey of Larry Rodgers

A '94 Hampshire High Basketball Throwback of John Paul Jones

A '96 Perry Co. Basketball Throwback of Kirk Haston

And rumored to be his favorite throwback:

A '86 Hampshire High Basketball Throwback of Hugh Smith.

More info and throwbacks as I find out!!

Nobody, not Kobe, Lebron, or Luke, can top my collection of vintage throwback jerseys. Here iz a few of my most valuable throwbacks:

FOOTBALL:

Terry Thompson (Lewis County) 1967

Ken Crowell (Lewis County) 1980

Tyler Bell (Lewis County) 1979

Chad Moorehead (Moore County) 1991

Trent Hill (Columbia Academy) 1992

Tim Watkins (McKenzie) 1990

BASEBALL:

Timmie Tiller 1990

Jason Fite 1992

Damien Clayton 1996

Jordan Hankins 1998

BASKETBALL:

Donnie Ellison 1986

Bobby Young 1988

Marty Spears 1977

Chet Darden 1983

Kathy Dye 1984

Glenn Cox (Carroll County) 1994

VOLLEYBALL and SOFTBALL:

Sioban Amacher 2001 (volleyball)

Lindsay Tiller 2000 (softball)

GOLF AND TENNIS POLO T-SHIRTS:

Melissa Kinnard 1998 (golf)

Evan Ward 1994 (tennis)

INTRAMURAL ACTIVITIES:

Jim Milan - Faculty Volleyball

Benny Pace - Faculty Ping Pong

Miles Adcox - Student Ping Pong

Chris Overbey - Student Basketball

My wardrobe includes the likes of:

Albert Ellison Perry Co 1956

Eugene Grinder Perry Co 1957

Price Robinson Lewis Co Middle School 1994

Jamie Spears Lewis Co Middle School 1994

Price Robinson Columbia Academy 1998

Jamie Spears Columbia Academy 1998

Michael Stephens Practice Jersey from University of Tenn.

Wesley Duncan Harding University Football 2000

"INDO" General Assembly Basketball 19??

"Duckett" General Assembly Basketball 19??

[Edited by sportsman on 2-18-03 12:30P]

I have the...

Chris Sheets- Martin Methodist jersey/jacket combo (baseball)

Bobby Young- Michigan State practice jersey (basketball)

Wes Duncan- Artifical Turf practice shoes(football)

Timmy Tiller-Florida Marlins spring training jersey(baseball)

Christa and Emily Webb-UT Martin Jerseys (softball)

Kyle Clayborne- Columbia State jersey (basketball

What an awesome college and pro collection of jerseys! This lot of jerseys will be up for auction on E-bay in the near future, bidding will start at $.01 and will have a reserve of $4.99. All proceeds will go to the Lewis Co. Ledgend's retirement fund.

[Edited by imasoftballer on 2-18-03 2:13P]

I had the chance to speak with Hodgepodge owner Don Jones earlier today and he gave me a list of the top selling Throwback Jersey's:

1984 Little Rock Ark.(Southside High) Basketball-Jerry Brown

1986-95 LCHS Ricky Duval Manager Jersey(L,XL only)

1994- Freed Hardman Lee Burklow

1997- Iosami Hawaii Drew Robinson

1946- "Authentic" LCHS..Ping Pong.. Basketball.. Baseball.. Softball..Football..Golf..Tennis..Wrestling---Mel Stevens

I've got one:

The 1980 Rick Johnson Duke Assistant Coach Suit and the 1975 Dream Team warm up uniform.

The Scotty Hinson a.k.a Michael Jordan Jersey from 1996 when he hit an amazing 12 half court shots and 7 3's during the halftime of the boys game.

The official Rambo mop.(with the certificate of authenticity)

And last, the infamous Toby Morton jersey from his freshman and sophmore years.

Sources say that Verna Caruthers will not being dressing out Friday due to a nagging hip injury. Reporter were able to contact her Tuesday and here's what she had to say," Though I will not be able to dress out Friday, I will be cheering the faculty on while I grade papers. Mr. Pace talked to me earlier during the day and he said that it's perfectly fine to bring a megaphone to the gym, so I will be loud and in your face. I repeat, IN YOUR FACE. BEWARE YOU LITTLE ONRY BOOGERS, I'M COMING TO GET YOU, AND WHEN I DO YOUR GOING TO DETENTION. WHOAAAAAA!" Yes, she said every bit of that. Sounds like she's on a war path ever since the day that someone mysteriously stole her calculator.