Cookeville -CAVS

disgustedfan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck this season Little Woody. I hope things go well for you in Cville. By the way, I have $10.00 that says you will not ........well, we will let everyone just keep guessing. Thanks for returning our scorebook this weekend. Now we will be able to record a few games. Look forward to seeing you later in the season.

This past weekend the cavs played some very good baseball. Pitching and defense seems to be coming around. We open up at White House tommorrow at 5:00. We play at Wilson Central on Tuesday and then we play Mt. Juliet on thursday. Looking forward to the beginning of a new season up on the plateau. The coaching staff is excited about bringing Cookeville baseball to the level in which we can compete for a championship year in and year out in the toughest baseball district in the state of Tennessee. Scores from this weekend are posted below. GO CAVS!

Cookeville-3 Rossview-2

Lavergne-2 Cookeville-1

Cookeville-7 Lebanon-1

Cookeville-8 White House-4

Yeah...Michael Alcorn pitched extremely well. His curveball and splitter were working all night and his fastball was just good enough. I think he had about 8 or 9 strikeouts in 5 innings of work and only gave up like 4 hits. He did a great job for his first varsity start. And how about Drew Edgington. He came in and closed it down with not only his first varsity performance but the first pitching performance of his career. Great job Mike and Drew. The hitting for the Cavs also really, I think, broke through last night. I am pretty sure that everyone in the lineup reached base, even the subs. There were baserunners on every inning due to the massive 13+ hitting effort. Robbie and Brady Adams, Barrett Steakley, Tyler Turner and Drew Cook all had exellent performances at the plate. Officially there was 1 error but it was on a tough play so I wouldn't really count that. Other than that the Cavs played flawless defense the entire game. Hopefully they can continue what was started there last night. As they must play a really tough Mt. Juliet team and Antioch on Thursday. Also, praise goes out to Wilson Central. Although the score might not show it, the game was relatively close untill the 7th. They played a good game and are a good team. They are just very young and inexperienced so I wouldn't count them out just yet. They also lost the Parker kid to an injury and he was basically the leader on that team and now he is out indefinately. So keep him in your prayers and let's hope he can return this season. Just a good coaching performance and good sportsmanship on both sides. Good luck to both this season.