ND-McCallie-a second try

Dice1550

Alright, first of all, just to clear the air, Barnett is not by any means the biggest guy at our school and didn't get his butt kicked by Scafe, or the other 2 guys that jumped in to gang him. That's really not important though, there's no need to fight over this stuff. I'm pretty sure McCallie won tonight, they were leading by 10 when I left with about 3:10 left and were totally outplaying ND. I was wrong when I thought that ND would win and I am the first to admit it. It's one thing to have a rivalry between two schools, but this has gotten to a ridiculous point where we're ready to fight over stupid stuff said over the internet. How about this, to all you McCallie fans and players, you have a great athletic program, even I will admit that is surperior to ours in most respects. Congrats on the good win tonight over a good ND team. Let's leave all of our cheering and trash talking in the gym and after the game say forget it and let it go. Let's squash the beef and try to talk in a more civil way, sorry to coacht and everyone else for not sticking to basketball. How many did Suddath end up with tonight anyways, and what was the final score?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HoopsterTN

I think curse words violate coacht's terms of service. I don't know who deleted it, but I'm sure if the T himself saw it, he would flip (and I don't mean his middle finger).

:o

I really doubt that their whole year is based around the one game, but regardless, why would it matter, its not like your post is going to convince anyone but mccallie fans. Why can't you just let the games be played and have the trash talkin be left on the field and then after the game just leave it alone. All the trash talkin is going to lead to is some fight over a few people's opinions that ultimately results in no winner, or in an accident that will be regretted. For example there was the fight last year, that for some weird reason both sides claim victories and both opinions are distorted. The ending result is a cycle of violence that is not necessary and does no one any good in the end. Why cant there just be friendly competition!

I said that I didn't think that Notre Dame was that good last week. I bet that McCallie limited its turnovers tonight and got on top early. Did the big kid (32) play well for McCallie? I figured that Suddath would play well, he's a gamer. You can usually tell how Notre Dame plays by how Valentine plays. If he was off, it isn't a surprised that they lost.

Guest bball07

The big guy 32 (Noah Newman) played well and even banged Bowman around causing him to get frustated and then foul out. Mccallie played a fast tempo but controlled game. It wasn't their best shooting night but they didn't make many turnovers against an athletic ND team that full court pressed most of the game.

Ok here's a decent summary:

It was one heck of a basketball game for about 3 and a half quarters. At around the 4 minute mark of the 3rd quarter McCallie really took control. Notre Dame started missing some shots and, unlike the game last Thursday night, McCallie was grabbing the rebound, driving down the court, and scoring. They were up 11 at the end of 3. McCallie really took the momentum into the 4th quarter. 4th quarter was mainly McCallie trying to have ball control, and Notre Dame trying to get some quick, easy baskets and get back in the game. Bowman fouls out w/ around 2 and a half mins left and that was about it. McCallie made their foul shots and won 65-51.