Culleoka (Casey Holt beats (Forrest) Jamar Jenkins

bryjohn

Culleoka beat Forrest tonight 59-37.For all the people(Gomab) who thinks that Jamar is the best player in 11A check out this head to head stats. Casey Holt 20 points 8 rebounds Jamar Jenkins 6 points. (that right 6 points)They were guarding each other all night long.(Ask anybody at the game about Casey alley-opp Dunk.) Casey should get a look at Mr. Basketball in single A. He is avg. now 22.2 points 10.2 rpg. and 2.2 steals and 3.2 blocks per game. A career high of 41 points against (Richland), a career high 17 rebounds and 7 blocks (Community) and over 1500 points and 600 rebounds for his career.Culleoka Warriors plays a team game that happens to have a good go to player.Coach Hal Murrell makes sure there is no I in TEAM and Defense wins games. GREAT JOB WARRIORS.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take Casey Holt ove Jamar any day, because not only is he better I think, but because he is definitely better coached. He is tough and knows how to compete, and I do not know if Jamar is tough of how well he competes. Like I have said Jamar is too worried about getting recruited more that he is helping his team win. He is no doubt very talented but talent only takes you so far, and I really question his work ethic. It seems to me that he does not play hard all the time, just when things are going his way. Trust me Jamar if you read this you need to play harder and play with a passion. I have seen you play and even coached against you and I think you are very talented but you need to pick it up a notch. I have played in college and I know what recruiters look at, and right now if I was recruiting you I would tell you what I just said. But back to Casey he is great player and here is the best compliment a player can get: HE MAKES EVERYONE ELSE BETTER! And that is tribute to his coach and him. Hal Murrell coach of the year no doubt!! Maybe Marshall Co. regrets their decision now????

Denfinse wins chamionships and offience sells tickets...Culleoka does both of that..I should know..I got to Culleoka..This is the best Culleoka team I have ever seen..even better than last years team..and they was district 11-A Champs..Trust me y'all the Warriors are for real and will go far with coach Hal Murrell in Control..The dunk Casey had last was unbelievable...The warriors are ready to repeat at district champs and are ready to win region..CULLEOKA WARRIORS ALL THE WAY

Hey, don't forget Jamar is "being recruited by Stanford." This may sound bad but it isn't meant to be...but I cannot see how this can be true. If this guy plays for Stanford then I guess Duke is recruiting Casey Holt. There is no way that Jamar could compete in the Pac-10 conference. If he does sign with Stanford then I will be the 1st person to shake his hand. I think there are several guys in the Midstate with more game than him. The whipping that Holt and the Culleoka Warriors put on him proved this. If there was a potential Stanford signee playing for Forrest, then they would be absolutely tearing 11A and the rest of single A to shreds. Six points doesn't cut it. Look at what Trey Pearson did night in and night out and that shows you what kind of caliber player it takes to play serious D-1 ball. Jamar Jenkins couldn't stay on the same court as Trey Pearson.

Keep hating on Jamar. I'm sure he is disappointed with his performance the other night and I'm sure all of your favorite players have had the games of their lives every night. He has work to do, he will rebound from that performance, and I hope all of you haters have a chance to eat your words. Remember this team finished 7th place last year and right now is tied for 3rd. They are still learning to compete and win not take over the world. I'm sure their goals are focused for the tournaments and they are probably trying to fix all the problems before then. Don't count them out and don't over look them or Jamar! ;)

Jamar is a very good player with an UNBELEIVABLE upside.... This is a great kid who will be an outstanding player on the next level....

Everyone on these boards gets too near-sighted. You sit here and think it is as simple as if a player out-plays another player in the stat column on a given night that means he is a better prospect. This is not true. Casey is a very good high school player, but Jamar is a FAR better College prospect, not to take anything away from Casey (who is a great kid, and I wish the best for him).....

Jamar has been evaluated by those who's business is Basketball Recruiting, by both Coaches and Recruiting services..... Jamar is ranked Nationally by two of the biggest Recruiting services out there: Bob Gibbons All Star Recruiting and Prepstars, and will be ranked by Hoopscoop as well by the summer, if not sooner....

Example: last year, two great guards each averaged around 30ppg in Class A last year, both leading their team to State. One is a High Major D-1 player, the other an NAIA player. What is the difference? One projected as a much better prospect for the next level......

I think Casey Holt is an all-around good player. When I first saw him play against Community I would have never thought that boy can shot three's like he does. Jamar Jenkins is good too. But I won't place my vote for MVP of 11A on him. Good News for Jenkins and the other Junior Post Players, you still have another year to play. Sometimes I think Jamar might take everything that is said about him on here (that is good) to his head and to tell you the truth "Jamar it is affecting your game". I do have one question to all of yall "If Casey is good, then who else do you consider a good ball player in 11A?"