Franklin Co. Baseball

mazak

I have never played for King but all I knows is that he wins. There seems to be some hard feelings from Coffee Co. but who were the great players that quit? King along with Pickle from Columbia and Hargrove from Tullahoma are my top coaches in the district. By the way every good coach has rules and players have to follow them to stay part of the team.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'd like to know who he ran off? Secondly, he is a very diciplined oriented coach that doesn't put up with player problems. You know going in what is expected, if your not in then get out. High school sports aren't for everyone. The fun stuff ends with little league. Sports at the Highschool level is about character, self-dicipline, and commitment. Coach King is a tough coach, those types are gonna ruffle feathers because they do what they think is right regardless of who you are or who your parents are!

I do know that Coach King is a firm but fair coach and i cant believe the wacko fans at Coffee are complaining but about him making kids quit. Most parents there are convinced their kid is a D1 prospect. Just go to the little league park there and watching the seeds being planted.

Good luck Coach King !!! I know you will do a great job with the Rebels.

Don't be so quick to jump on the King Fan Wagon, I know for a fact how he coaches. He demands respect, discipline, and hard work from his players but he lacks the ability to be a good role model for his players. If he would learn to control himself and not act like a child on the field he would earn respect not command it, he should not put the players down but build them up. I believe in discipline and not politics but it has been proven that King is caring on the FCHS tradition.

I have no idea who Coach King is but from what I have read, he sounds like a good coach who tries to get his players to act, work, and play the game like they should. If you truly love the game, you have to make sacrifices in order to win. Do you think that it would be easy in college? A good coach will work his players so much that they will want to quit, but wont because they want to win and play in college. The teams that want to have fun all day will be the first to lose. Practices aren't meant to be fun. You can have fun during the game by winning, but you wont win unless you have a coach that works you hard enough. For all of those complaining about working so hard and him being a hard coach, shut up. It sounds like he's doing the right thing. And as for Franklin, I hope that the rain holds out for Cookeville to visit fri. for our scrimmage.