TOURNAMENT DATE: APRIL 4TH-6TH

ENTRY FEE: $125

EMAIL: BASKETBALLCOACH21@COMCAST.NET

ONLY A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TEAMS WILL BE ACCEPTED

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN'T SEE ANYONE TRYING TO PLAY IN A CLASSIC WITH THE THUNDER. THEY HAVE A BAD REPUTATION WITH THE PUBLIC I KNOW OF SOME MISHAPS AND ITS NOT A GOOD THING. HOW CAN YOU HAVE 13 TEAMS AND ONLY ONE TEAM MAKE IT TO THE NATIONALS AND WIN(12 AND UNDER). THIS ORGANIZATION ONLY LOOKS OUT FOR CERTAIN TEAMS AND THEY ALWAYS WANT MONEY FOR THIS AND THAT AND ITS NOT BENEFITING THE TEAMS. THE TRYOUTS LAST YEAR WAS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO CUT ANYBODY SO THEY COULD GET MORE MONEY. ITS A RAW DEAL. :confused:

The Thunder is a class organization dedicated to preparing their kids for life after ball. They routinely have guest speakers come and talk to their players about the SAT/ACT, drugs, and other issues. They also have quality teams. Yes they only had one team make it to Nationals. But that doesn't include the 19u team that performed very well at the Junior Olympics. They also took a team composed of 16 and 17 year olds to the JOs and I think they finished sixth. The 16u team lost to the national champs by 13 at the Super Showcase. What issues are you talking about?

If you say bad things about a organization, make it the truth. Fact, we had 9 teams not 13 teams. Out of that 9, yes only 4 teams made the nationals. With the 17u making the 19u nationals (junior olympics) and 12u, 13u, and 19u making thier nationals. Like fridge said we do more than just basketball.

This year the thunder have 8 teams. That means we let one team go. So if 8 teams stayed and only one team was let go. We can't be all that bad of a organization. We just let a bad apple go!

Tryouts, how many teams let you tryout for three days. We do our tryouts like a mini camp. So they will learn something about the game of basketball even if they don't make the team. Ridiculous, I say not. It's a great deal. Not many teams can say that.

THAT IS THE FACTS AND THE TRUTH! :D

FIRST OF ALL I WAS A PARENT AND NO YOUR TRYOUT WAS NOT LIKE A MINI CAMP THUNDER ALREADY KNEW WHICH KIDS THEY WANTED PARENTS WITH MONEY AND YOU WANTED $20.00 PER CHILD OK THATS FINE BUT YOU WERE ASKING MONEY FOR KIDS WHO WERE ALREADY ON A TEAM WHY TAKE TRYOUT MONEY FROM THEM, PARENTS TALK AND ALOT OF THE KIDS WHO PLAYED WITH THUNDER WILL NOT BE BACK. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAD 8 TEAMS OR 13 TEAMS ONLY ONE OR TWO MADE IT TO THE NATIONALS ANY BODY CAN GO TO THE SUPER SHOWCASE AND PLAY TOURNAMENTS BUT WHEN IT COUNTS WHERE WERE THE TEAMS WHO MADE IT TO THE NATIONALS. THUNDER DOES NOT PREPARE KIDS FOR THE SAT/ACT AND WHEN YOU SAID SPEAKERS COME IN TO TALK WITH THE KIDS(NOT) ONE TIME AND THAT WAS A LAST MINUTE THING BECAUSE WE AS PARENTS WERE IN QUESTION ABOUT EVERYTHING THUNDER PUT ON THE TABLE BUT WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE PARENTS NOR THE KIDS GOT ANYTHING OUT OF IT, MY CHILD PLAYED WITH THE OLDER KIDS AND ITS WAS A HOAX HOW CAN YOU SET AN EXAMPLE WHEN A TEAM IS LOOSING THEY PREFER TO TAKE THE TEAM OFF THE COURT BECAUSE THE COACH CAN'T STAND TO LOOSE, WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THAT. YOU LOST COACHES FOR THE OLDER GROUP AND THE YOUNGER GROUP AND YES YOU LOST THE COACH OF THE TRAILBLAZERS. THE WORD IS OUT AND ITS NOT GOOD I KNOW YOU CAN SAY WHAT EVER BUT I WAS THERE AS A PARENT AND SPEAKING WITH OTHER PARENTS ITS A SHAME HOW THINGS WENT. ITS A SHAME HOW YOU LET A TEAM WHO MADE IT TO THE NATIONALS AND WON LOOSE THAT BID BECAUSE OF PERSONAL CONFLICTS, AS ADULTS THAT SHOULD OF BEEN WORKED OUT AND MY CHILD PLAYED WITH THE OLDER GROUP AND DIDN'T GET ANYTHING OUT IF BUT SHAME AND THAN TO LOOSE COACHES OVER NONSENSE THAT SPEAKS FOR IT SELF SO DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW BECUASE AS A PARENT I WAS THERE AND EVERY TIME I TURNED AROUND THUNDER WAS ASKING FOR MONEY SO THAT IS FACT NOT FICTION.

As a player for the Thunder, I know that we have had numerous speakers come and talk to us. They always told us a week or two in advance as well, so that last minute thing is completely wrong. And no, not anybody can go to those type of tournaments, as Gomab can attest to. They are invitation only, and only the best are invited usually. The Thunder and the Ballerz are both teams on the rise. And yes, at tryouts everybody plays in the scrimmages and when I tried out, I learned some new things as well. I think you are just upset because your child was cut and youre trying to bring a good program downn.

LET ME CLARIFY SOMETHING FOR YOU MY CHILD PLAYED WITH THUNDER HE WAS NOT CUT SO LETS GET THAT STRAIGHT, AND YOU AS PLAYER DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHINBD THE SCENE WITH OTHER PLAYERS AND PARENTS WHO PLAYED WITH THUNDER. THAT INVITATIONAL IS NOTING, MY SON HAS PLAYED AAU FOR A FEW YEARS AND ANYBODY CAN CALL AND PARTICIPATE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT IF YOU PAY THAT FEE YOU ARE A SHOE IN AND LAST YEAR LIKE I SAID THEY HAD ONE SPEAKER AND I KNOW FOR A FACT IT WAS A LAST MINUTE THING EVEN SOME OF THE COACHES WERE UPSET BECAUSE THUNDER DIDN'T TELL ANYONE UNTIL 1 OR 2 DAYS BEFORE TIME SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALIKNG ABOUT BECAUSE I WAS THERE AND LIKE I SAID I'M NOT THE ONLY PARENT WHO HAD CONCERNS. MY NEXT QUESTION IS HOW YOU HAVE THREE COACHES SITTING ON THE BENCH AND NOT MAKE IT TO THE NATIONALS, THATS BAD COACHING RIGHT THERE SO GO FIGURE AND AS FAR AS THE TRYOUTS LIKE I SAID IT WAS A JOKE I WAS THERE.

Here's the cost for a typical AAU team, you complaining about money makes me sick.

AAU Entry Fee (stste) $175.00

AAU Cards ($12 per player) $300.00

Nat'l Fee $600.00

That doesn't include uniforms, vans, hotels and gym time. How much of this did you pay? Go away, cry somewhere else.