Top 5 Teams in 1-A

jacob2745

1.CPA

2.USJ

3.Cloudland

4.Boyd-Buchanan

5.South Pitt

Two others from the West.

Bruceton-We`ll see how they rebound after Patrick Willis. He`s got a younger brother who`s on the team. However, I don`t think they will get past USJ.

Fayette Academy- This is a team to keep your eyes on. They have improved every year over the last several years. Gave USJ a close game last year. I don`t know if the lose their QB Bodiford who rushed for over 1000 yards last year, but this team is on the rise. They seemed to get no respect last year. I had family from Fayette County and for years this county was just a poor county. But it is quickly becoming Shelby County East. I was down there last summer and there are many nice neighborhoods going up. These are people who want to move out of Shelby County. I`d say that Fayette Academy is really going to benefit from this. Slowly this school is going from a little private school out in the country to a school that has a viable base to get kids from.

VG

I`ve got my star...where`s yours? Join CoachTPlus please!

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 2-10-03 9:06P]

They did lose a lot of talent for sure but there were also some Juniors and Sophomores who showed some promise. They are also a well coached team. The biggest loss of course will be their QB, you simply don't replace that sort of talent, you just hope that it crosses your path again in the future. I still expect them to be a contender next year.

Posted by jacob2745:

how can boyd be in any of the top five lists, they lost everybody

Hey, it's the off season. ANYBODY can be top five right now. As with most pre-season polls there will be some big surprises (both good and bad.) Boyd stays close to the top of most lists due to fact that almost all of the starting defense returns (and many are sophomores.) There will be some big shoes to fill (Healy, Jones, Nelson, etc...) but like most programs on a roll these Seniors inspired the underclassmen to aim higher.

It should be a great year in 1A. There are great teams all over (South Pitt, CPA and USJ stand out) and there should be some close, hard fought games with fewer blowouts. It'll be fun to watch!