Volunteer Falcons

Stokomo

Guest baller19

Don't start another Unaka/Elizabethton War. Get your facts straight before you get on here...Elizabethton DOES NOT turn down Unaka every year...it's the other way around. Don't you think Unaka WILL want to play them next year since they say their not going to be any good?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to wish the Falcons luck for tomorrow night. Please put Wednesday's game behind you and learn from it. You are a great team. Good luck tomorrow. I also want to say that Chucky cannot be the player he is without his teammates, that is what basketball is about "TEAM". GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree it is time to put the Wed. game behind us and concentrate on Johnson County. You guys need to get focused and play hard from the opening tip. Do not let things like referees get in your head. Keep your mouths shut and let the coaches and fans do the talking. You know what to expect from Johnson County as far as the physical part and the trash talking. Be prepared for it and do not let it get you out of your game. You are better than them.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest b4etown

Look, I am not trying to smack around anyone's coaching staff or their team. Elizabethton did play better ball last night. And yes, Coach Hardin does get angry as well, but he just lets the guys handle it. The best game BY FAR I have been to this year was when we played Volunteer at home earlier in the season. The Falcons played good D and kept good ball handling the entire game. I think the Flacons were our best opponent in the confrence this season. I'm glad you're (Stokomo) such good friends w/ all of them. It's good that players/coaches/staff can be "friends among foe". I know all of them just as well. But I'm not trying to make that my point...who I know. I can tell you what I DO know: Volunteer plays good ball, but everyone has an off night. Elizabethton is losing 6 Seniors next year and will more than likely NOT be the team to beat, but that's next season's hype. Our team is working on RIGHT NOW. We have class; that's why we DON'T make an attempt to get T'd up at least once a game. Coach Hardin shows his players some respect by not repeatedly choosing to use profanity with his team, or the refs.

Even so, I DO wish both teams luck this and next year. And talking about not rubbing a win in...if the shoe was on the other foot...it'd be PRIDE.

I would not go on your thread to do it. I would do on the Volunteer thread. There is a difference.

It is a little hard to take when a player on the other team "high fives" one of the referees. I think that makes it look like you are not getting a fair shake. It is unprofessional on the part of the referee and considering that it is rumored that he has expressed his dislike for Volunteer and Coach Whitt it makes for a bad appearance.

The referee that called the technical on Coach Whitt is the same one that used foul language with one of our students at Hampton. He admitted it by apologizing to the student when he was at Volunteer to call a game later in the year. It appears that he has a problem.

The other referee stands and talks with everyone on the Elizabthton side of the court during timeouts and other breaks in the game. How does that appear? We did not get beat because of the refs. But that kind of stuff has been going on all year and it gets old!!

On top of all of that your coach's son stars a thread for no other purpose than to rub it in our face. You call that class?

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-27-03 10:29P]

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-27-03 10:32P]

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-27-03 10:32P]

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-27-03 10:33P]

b4etown...I was not trying to show who I know on here. I was merely making a statement that I will not talk bad about Betsy or any other team for that matter or their coaching staff or players. And about the shoe on the other foot....I still would not rub it in. If you remember....North had our number all year, including the summer. Have you seen any posts on here after we finally won when it counted? No! And you will not because I have the utmost respect for coaches around here. You will see me post about positive things on here. The only negative thing I have spoken about has been OVERALL officiating, but I'm through with that also. Maybe I'm TOO positive to start any gossip about who's better and who beat who so many times. Games are played and people only remember the last game you lost or won. We have won 21 games, a great accomplishment for the Falcons. But all anyone talks about is the losing streak we had near the end of the regular season. So be it....I'm through talking about a never-ending saga.

Now.........IF anyone cares, Walter (June) Brown is having ACL surgery in the morning, and I want everyone to pray that everything goes well for him during surgery and recovery. He told me Wednesday he plans on being at the game Friday night. I must say that he has total loyalty to his TEAMMATES!!! But he might not make it due to the pain he might endure. Anyway, keep him in your prayers and Falcons let's try to get 3rd place tomorrow night!!!!

Guest b4etown

Both teams are good. This is just a website to express opnions and get information, not it intentionally or degradingly hate on all other teams...who doesn't know that. I know that you all love Volunteer just as much as we love Elizabethton. Didn't know you had to have a "cushion pass" to just TALK in here. Hope you're not p'd.