West Tenn. Top 10

CoachD33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because some people in the rural areas of West Tennessee don't think Shelby county is a part of it doesn't change the fact that Shelby county, yes, is a county in West Tennessee.

You can deny any fact you wish, but if a ranking wants to title itself "West Tennessee," then those of us who live here have a right to include our kids and schools.

I just don't see the rationale in leaving Shelby county out.

Once again someone's gotten their pants in a wad over this listing. As I said from the beginning, it wasn't to imply Shelby Co. is not in West Tennessee. My listing is intended simply to recognize some programs in our area that wouldn't get the recognition otherwise. When you narrow the perspective it gives more chance for recognition. Including Shelby county doubles the number of schools so smaller schools have less chance to gain notoriety. The Commerical Appeal has their Dandy Dozen to recognize their schools. I guess I could call it "Rural West Tenn. Top 10" but then Jackson might be offended I called them rural. Why get caught up in semantics? This is all about giving credit to high schhol programs and the kids that are a part of them and to generate discussion from those of us outside Memphis metro.