What's the word in Lake Co?

wardawg2038

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talent is still there, but the problem is getting it on the field. I know that there have been discipline problems that have kept some great players from playing, and others haven't played out of plain ol' laziness. The ones who do play, play with more heart than almost anyone, but are sometimes low on talent. This past year, however, their jr high program went 9-1 and their only loss was against West Tennessee champion Paris Inman in triple overtime. The talent is coming back to LC. If the new coach can bring new life to the program and make it fun for the kids, they could have a 1A power in a couple of years. best of luck to the new coach.

Step No. 1 for the survival of football in Lake County: build a fieldhouse. That in itself might convince some of the talent to come out and play. Step No. 2 will be keeping the best football talent out of the gym. The basketball coach is already trying to convince the most talented eighth graders that football is not for them and that he won't let them play basketball if they play football. Might have worked at Obion Central, but it ain't gonna work in Lake County. We just don't have enough kids.

David Barger would be an excellent choice for Lake County.

1) Well organized

2) Has good discipline

3) A players' coach

4) Young and energetic

5) If the community gets behind him, $$$$$$$$ in the program, he can do the job and return Lake County to its glory days!

If you take a chance on David I promise you will not be disappointed. Good luck Coach!!!!!

I know at least one other coach who has interviewed for the position who could turn the program around. From what I've heard, the talent level that is coming up from the 8th grade is very good, however, they will need a couple of years to develop into high school players. I have my favorite I'm pulling for to get the job but I think any coach who accepts the job will need a couple of years to turn it around.

Here are the problems some of the locals have told me about at Lake County:

1. No Field house and almost no weight room equipment

2. The baskebtall coach refuses to allow his star players to play football.

3. Very low pay!

4. Past conflicts between the administration, parents/boosters, and coaching staff.

5. Lack of interest with football from the high school athletes.

6. Discipline

This will be a big task for anyone to accept, but it is not impossible. Good luck to the Falcons and their new coach.