Everyone wants to avoid Collinwood?

Guest StraightBogey

Guest StraightBogey

I've talked with a few people associated with District 12-A including coaches. It seems that the teams in the top are wanting to avoid a first round match-up with Collinwood. I haven't seen Collinwood play. Are they getting hot at tournament time? I noticed that their record is not all that good. Maybe they have been underachieving. What's the scoop.

I go back to a past post by thelma. With C-wood, you never really know what you're gonna get. This is very true.

One game they can't miss...the next they can't buy a basket. When Calton and Bryant are on and the rest of the guys contribute... anything, they can upset anyone in 12A, and no one wants to be upset in the first round of the district tourney.

These guys have the ability to win games. When they are on they are on. They were leading Perry Co at the half and gave Wayne Co a good run. They have beat Summertown and Mt Pleasant. If they come playing ball they can pull off an upset. I didn't know there are teams that didn't want to face them in the first round. Maybe this win make them even more determined to pull off an upset. Looks like you got some hard feelings there crash. Come on guys, show everyone what you got.

tsf

Hey Crash. Collinwood doesn't have a problem with being beat except when it is by schools that we can not possibly compete with. Collinwood is a small place and every now and then we are lucky enough to have a good group of athletes to come through together only to be crushed by the rich private schools that recruit.(and don't even say thats not true)Apparently others felt this way or the motion would not have passed 88%. I'm just proud Collinwood had an official who would stand up for his kids even though it has meant Collinwood and this official get put down by shallow people like you. Our kids deserve a chance too.

I hate to set here and name off a lot of schools by name but I think most know CA and Zion were not the ones Trojanette Mom spoke of earlier post. I actually hate they have to be classified with the schools with the high paid coaching staffs that only keep their enrollment down enough to play in class A. Maybe you guys need to get on them to find a better way to seperate the private schools.

that mom is just upset cuz this year collinwood had a few good football players and they did not make it past the 2nd round(getting beat by cpa) that is all she is complaining about. i mean if she wants to complain about football get on the football board. but i mean football season is over. and you to should get over it

Anyway, back to the original subject. I wouldn't want to play Collinwood first round just because of the fact you never know how their going to play, it being the district their going to bring everything. They have everything it takes to be a good team they have one of the best shooters in the district in Justin Bryant averaging 21 pts. a game and a good post in Jerrod Calton averaging 17 pts. a game. So if they come out hitting it could be scary for anyone.

[Edited by coachbd on 2-13-03 6:06P]

Guest futballfever

Bryant has been on fire and calton a little slower. Two other players making a statement are Victory and west. Victory is averaging in double digits in points and possibly rebounds. West is coming on also. Collinwood was beating CA by 30 points going into the fourth quarter, then put their subs in. And by the way why dont everyone quit running your mouths about collinwood making a proposal. Every other school was just to affaird to make a stand. It also made all the privates mad cause they are going to get their butts beat in years to come. I can't wait to sit back and laugh. So say what you want its over and done with and you better enjoy beating up on schools now cause it won't happen in 2005.