TMSAA East Tennessee Small School State

TheAnswer9

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the results from Monday night's semi-finals action:

Oliver Springs took out a mean spirted Alcoa squad 40-24. Alcoa must have thought it was football season with the knock blocks on screens but nevertheless, justice was served as Jennifer Smith had a double-double hitting for 17pts and hauling in 11bds for OS while Lauren Copeland was a board short of a double-double in hitting for 14pts and pulling in 9bds. Bledsoe did toss in 13pts for Alcoa.

The other contest saw Huntsville win 42-31 setting up a rematch of the Area 2 district championship game which OS won 36-21. Huntsville turned a 13-10 lead into a 27-11 lead. However, Fairview would not go quietly as the Lady Rebels ripped off a 10-0 run to make it a 27-21 heading into the 4th. However, the Bee led Lady Bears went on to victory. Bee hit for 14pts Huntsville while Megan Acres led Fairview with a game-high 15pts.

As for the championship game on Tuesday night, I look for OS to take it--AGAIN!!

Way to go Jennifer Smith, we are looking forward to having you and the rest of the 8th grade girls @ the High School next year, always keep in your HEART and work on the fundamentals that Coach Bilyeu is known for and his helper that I'm sure he's glad he has. Your physical condition and fundamentals mean everything @ tourney time !!!!! :):D:D

I believe that a vast majority of this year's squad is heading to Clinton next year from the reports I heard at the small school tournament being held at Norwood a couple of weeks ago. One of Norwood's better players is said to be on the fence about where she will attend high school--not mentioning any names. Other than that, they seemed to be heading to play for your cousin at Clinton.