Are cannons allowed at Basketball games!?!?!?!

Guest swakme

Does anyone know if it is against TSSAA rules for Loudon Co. High school to fire a cannon in the doorway of the gym just before the tip-off of the basketball games? We thought there was a terrorist atack (bomb or shotgun) when we saw the flash of light and heard the enormous BOOM!!

It should, at the very least, be called unsportsmanlike, because it scared our team and caught them off-guard just as they took the floor. I hope the principal will consider stopping this activity in the future because, in a time of terror alerts and possible war, we don't need any extra fear and stress when we are at public functions with hundreds of people all around!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game you are refering to... It is unbelievable such activity would be condoned... This in my openion is being unsensitive to the max.at this time.. At the UT BB games the spectearor are checked out before entering the gym...

We are told by Homeland Security there are people all over all over the country who are capable of blowing and killing the of Americans in a setting like this...

To me this action flies in the face of Homeland Security!!!!!!

We see every day where fire arms are braught to schools by students... I would not have thaught a cannon loaded with gunpowder and fired would be allowed at a school function such as this!!!!

I understand one of the players parents has a vidio with the sound and flash comming through the door of the gym...

For what is this actiivity at a basketball game???

It would better to have throw firecrackers at the feet of players and spectators !!!!!!

Comparing a Kazoo to a Cannon is like comparing apples to oranges. They didn't blame the cannon on their loss. I could only imagine getting ready to play ball and some dumb butt fires off a cannon. Someone popping a popcorn bag is bad enough. I agree with the previous posts, there's too much tension and worry about terrorist attacks and things of that nature to be firing a CANNON at a BASKETBALL game. Doesn't this school have a band or some other way to show their school spirit!!!!!!????? :rolleyes:

OK, there's no difference between fireworks outside and inside. You must be inbread (you are from Loudon). Don't be to quick to talk. Loudon has played a weak schedule to say the least. The Loudon boys barely beat OS both times they played them and the OS girls are simply the better team. There won't be any cannons at OS, only the sad sobs of Loudon fans as their district championship hopes end.

I am still very curious about the TSSAA rules on this subject.

Who said my previous post was from a Kingston person anyway?

The principal and some of the other Loudon fans said that this was something that they did at ALL of the home games...so some of you fans from schools that have played Loudon this year, could you confirm this?

I REALLY want to know....!