West Tenn. Top 10 Week 2

CoachD33

West Tenn. Top 10 Week Two

(Previous week rank in parentheses)

1.Gibson Co.(1) Remains #1 despite loss at #2 Chester Co on strength of convincing win at #3 Obion Co.

2.Chester Co.(2) May deserve #1. Call them 1a after beating #1 Gibson Co. & whipping McNairy & Lexington

3.Westview(4) Dismantled weak opponents Milan & Jackson Southside by a combined 101 points

4.Jackson Northside(5) Three easy 20+ wins over Cordova, Munford, & #7 Dyersburg

5.Obion Co.(3) Lost showdown with #1 Gibson Co. but bounced back against #8 South Fulton

6.Trenton(6) Needed overtime against #10 Dresden at home

7.Dresden(10) See above, plus 10 point win over AA McKenzie

8.Dyersburg(7) Lone game was home loss to #5 Northside

9.South Fulton(8) Won at Bradford but never in game at #3 Obion. Injuries hurting

10.Huntingdon(NR) Good record but haven't played strong schedule. Injury bug putting damper on Fillies post-season as well

Dropped Out:

#9 Brighton-Busy week. Home wins over Tipton County rivals but road losses at Crockett Co. & Ripley.

[Edited by NWhoopaholic on 2-17-03 3:05P]

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County has been playing well, but they will not make it past the region, not this year. two losses to Gleason and one to Dresden, don't know how they did against South Fulton. they are not as good as the other four teams in the other district. but any given night any team can win. as they showed at Dresden.

west tn second tier AA teams would beat your polls' single a teams 80% of the time

except for trenton

fayette ware, brighton, crockett co, humboldt, dyer co. etc. would just be too strong for huntington, south fulton, dresden etc in a head to head game

but i do understand that you can only beat who is on your schedule, and those single a teams deserve the credit of the rankings

now be nice and dont flame me, i'm just making a point that the records of these second tier AA teams has been hurt by playing ranked AA teams night in and night out

the way to approach looking at my point is imagine a ranked A team in 13AA district and what do you think their record would be? you answered my question really with your #9 -"never in the game with Obion"

so i guess to sum up - is a ranking: 1) the teams with the BEST SEASONS? or 2) the TOP TEN TEAMS

if your answer is 1) --- then your poll is right

if your answer is 2) --- then i respectfully disagree

[Edited by 3pointer on 2-17-03 9:55P]

KSluvsRVT (and I know what that stands for):

You should know as well as anyone that the Lady Falcons have played WAY under their potential this season. I would hesitate to call the team "awesome" yet. I'm proud of y'all for getting the #2 seed in the district tournament, and I know you're capable of beating Trenton. Except for Trenton and Dresden, the region is pretty weak this year and I think LC has a CHANCE to advance past the regionals IF they play their best. The few times I saw y'all play over Christmas break, you only played to your potential once, and that was in the win over Crockett County. You also beat Dyer County, Bradford and Dresden on their home floors (never an easy task) so I know you are capable of pulling the upset in the district, but only if the team plays together and everyone gets the job done.

[Edited by bigwes68 on 2-17-03 11:50P]

Point well made and one I will strongly consider. The rankings are not based just on records and since most of the teams you mentioned don't have many common opponents with the single A's that makes it pretty subjective. Brighton was ranked in first week but lost twice. Granted if your theory is correct to other good 2nd tier AA teams. When at full strength, I think South Fulton & Huntingdon could play with those teams. Maybe not now. Dresden is playing its best ball of the year. I stand behind theirs & Trenton's rank. I sincerely appreciate your input. You've made me think.

hey i know who you are big wes and trust me since christmas break our game and the way we play as a team has had a 360 degree turn. we are playing better and are actually putting 4 quarters together. i think we have gotten alot more confidence also that we can beat any one we play if we try our hardest. wish us luck as we play bradford tonight. we are gonna smoke the devils. and after we are threw with bradford we are coming for revenge on trenton peabody(granted they beat halls, which i think they will). well hope u are having fun in college and u and anna g. need to start talking. yall would make a cute couple. later :D:(:D

you know what i mean beave. lol. we have changed our game completely. we took a 180 degree turn.(my bad). we beat bradford tonight. we will play trenton friday night for the district championship. wish us luck. we are gonna need all we can get.thanks.GO LAKE COUNTY FALCONS!!!COO-COO RIGHT RIGHT IS ALL U WILL HEAR FRIDAY NIGHT AT TRENTON!!! :)