Waverly VS. Perry County

Guest Josh15tigers

No one is saying Perry County is not a good team. They are well coached and perform. No one is taking that away from them. They game was tremendous to watch. Two very good and entertaining teams. The point is the calling was terrible. 27 to 5 FTs. is incredible especially when you consider Perry County pressed most of the game. Waverly's coacht is T'd for complaining about a terrible call, while Perry Counties coach roams the sidlines and the court (numerous times) and nothing is done. But the bottom line the call at the end of the game is total incompetence and there will be no one held accountable for it. Those three gentlemen should not be allowed to call a varsity game any time soon. Again, the Perry county boys are an excellent team, but I don't think you can argue that this very young (three soph. and a junior out of the top seven) have not improved greatly this year. No one should have to deal with incompentence, but when their is no accountability for that incompetence that is shameful. Great game to watch but a shame it had to end that way.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE REFS AT THE WAVERLY AND PERRY CO. GAME NEED TO BE FIRED OR WHAT EVER THEY DO TO REFS THAT CANNOT CALL A GAME. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE ALLOWED ON THE COURT FOR ANY TYPE GAME.AS FAR AS COACH CRAIG JUST NEEDING TO GET OVER IT, HE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE UPSET AND ANY COACH THAT CARED ABOUT HIS TEAM WOULD BE UPSET WHEN HE WATCHES HIS TEAM PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT AND THE GAME GETS TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM DUE TO REFS NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO.

I am gonna emphasize once again about the three point shot. I didn't think it was a 3 until i saw the tape the tape clearly proves the point it was a three. Perry Co. was pleading for it to be a 2. so they wouldn't have to go to over time with Waverly. Waverly would have taken over in overtime. they totally dominated the second half after a slow first half. I wanna say again how great Nichols played again. 37 points and not a single free throw or attempt from the line???? That is amazing. He totally torched Perry co.'s so called best defender Jonathan Grey. who only had 10 and was shut down last night. But i have to give it to perry co. they did win they game. Heck of a game.

no one needs to say anything about perry county cheating with refs. pc of all places has been cheated through the years. ya'll have been saying stuff about pc's coach being out on the floor? ? at least he didn't get in the ref's faces at half court to complain. . .at least he keeps the complaints to himself. the shot was definatly only worth 2 points. i had a perfect view of it myself. sorry wchs, we can't help it an awesome single A team beat you in your house and again in ours. pc will go far this year, without any help from ref's which we have never gotten at anytime in any season. unless you are from pc you have no idea wat it is like to be cheated and hated by refs, fans, players and cheerleaders of opposing teams. the game is history, it was a great game to see, anybody who wasn't there missed a great game by both teams, the waverly guys fought hard and didn't give up, but they were just beaten out by a better perry county team! Go Vikings!

Guest Josh15tigers

Sorry about the earlier posts about thinking it was a 2 but everyone I talked to at school today and had seen the tape said it was a 3. I was told there was 2 different tapes and they both proved these Jr League Refs wrong!

pcchick.....and I suppose video lies. Obviously other posters on the thread have seen it and all of them tell a different story from yours. The game IS history, but the freaking zebras need to pay attention to the game, not bow down to the hick homers. Not that it really matters in the end. At least in HS Basketball it is all proven on the court come tourney time.

Guest wavotiger

How could you even say that Perry Co of all places has been cheated more than any other team? Not only did Perry Co luck out one against Waverly but also lucked one out against Summertown which from what I heard was a terrible call to end the game. But hey at least they made a call at the end rather than swallowing their wistle when Bubba was fouled on the 3 pointer he made. And after a game that PC shot 27 freethrows as opposed to Waverly's 5, you still think we don't have a reason to be upset? Those referees absolutley blew that game last night, they made about 5 calls in the last two minutes where PC made the shot and they called a foul giving the 3 point oppurtunity. They are a good team and probably better than Waverly but Waverly didn't deserve to lose last night. But hey, all of that is over and I wish the best to Perry County's season and hope they go on to win state.

Hey Pc Chick u talkin about Perry co. goin far this year?? They aern't gonna go no where unless they tighten up that defense of theirs. Offense does when games, but come tournament time it is all about defense defense defense. And if Jonathan Grey is there best defender and Nichols scored 37 points on him. They aer gonna have some trouble down the road.

It doesnt really matter if we argue over the final shot being a 2 or a 3....you say your video proves it was a three....the video we have proves it was a 2. We could talk about it all day. Bottom line PC won...if we had gone into overtime there is no doubt that we would have still won. Both big guys from WCHS had already fouled out and Nichols had 4 fouls. It was a great game to watch..both teams played hard. Good luck to WCHS in tourney.. you guys have the best team you have had in years. Way to go Vikings..Keep playin hard!! :o

But, there are at least two in Waverly showing it was clearly a 3 point shot. Either way if you watch the video very closely the ref responsible to call whether the shot is a 3 or 2 is not even watching the shooter. He then proceeds to run to the trailing official who never made it past half court and asks What He Saw!!!!! This is incredibly inept officiating!!!! Now were left with a great game that was decided by the refs and not the Kids!!!! I have no clue who would have won in OT but thats where the game should have finished, not at the score's table with three clueless officials. As far as the Perry County Coach he was on court and Bubba had to avoid him to get up court!!!! So let not argue about coaches and class!!!!! Love the game, one to talk about for a long time. But again referees should call a game not control its outcome. Best of Luck to both teams in the Playoffs!!!!