Cookeville vs. Lawrence County

thekeg55

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

85 Warrior, you have down graded Lawrence Co. all year. Just because your beloved White Co. couldn't beat them does not mean we won't. We've already beaten Riverdale and Oakland, so don't be too hasty in your comments. Lawrence County will win by 8 and show that you've been wrong all along. When we win, yours is the only team out of district 7's top 4 we haven't beaten and that's because we didn't play you. I will say, good luck to your team in your up coming tournament. My guess is it will be between Cookeville and White Co. for the district crown. :rolleyes:

gogold....Picking Cookeville to win is not down-grading Lawrence Co. I'm just making a prediction. Lighten up. I'll also add to my prediction that Lawrence Co. will have one of their lowest scoring games of the year{if not their lowest}. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. At least I'm making predictions BEFORE they play. Not like some people who choose to brag after the game is over. ;)

You are right about Lawrence Co having it lowest scoring game of the year. If Cookeville gets ahead by more than 5 in the second half, they will put it in the freezer and make you foul them. That is the way Odom plays- defense and stall ball. Quite honestly I really don't care who wins this game cause neither one of them can beat the Golden Eaglettes, but it is interesting because the winner will probably come out second in the region. Cookeville beware of playing in the warehouse or the airplane hanger they call a gym down there in Lawrence Co

OK. You guys listen up. I'm only going to say this one time. This game means nothing. Nada. Maybe a little pride is all. However, in 2 weeks, there will likely be a big elimination game on Wednesday night in Region 4 involving Lawrence County and either Cookeville, White County, or Riverdale.

Take the advice of old Salty. Play to win, but don't make a big deal out of this week's game. Avoid bragging or moaning to avoid motivating your opponents. The real game is next week in the District tournaments. And the game is not to win. It is to get in the other bracket away from Shelbyville for the Region tournament. This means Lawrence County must finish either 2nd or 4th in the district. I think they can handle that. District 7AAA is dicier. Cookeville, White County, Riverdale, or whoever needs to finish 1st or 3rd in their district tourney. 2nd or 4th place means you get to be embarrassed by Shelbyville on Monday or Wednesday night. Sometimes it is hard to control finishing 1st in a district as strong and balanced as 7AAA. Thats why I suggest finishing 3rd. You can beat whoever in the consolation game. Beat Lawrence County in Region opener. Beat your District champ (revenge factor) in semi-finals and take your shot against Shelbyville in Region finals. You advance to sectionals against a team you have a good chance of defeating. And it is on to Murfreesboro for the State where anything can and has happened.

Now all the coaches are on top of this situation (or should be). So don't be too upset if your team doesn't play well at times in the district tournament. They may know what is at stake. Some people will scream about the morality and ethics of not trying your best and not trying to win at all costs. Thats fine. But remember this. They may be the ones buying tickets to get into Murphy Center to watch other teams play.

Bottom line: Shelbyville and Cookeville advance. Maybe.

[Edited by salty on 2-20-03 6:45P]

It was a great game and victory for the Lady Cats of Lawrence Co. 51-41. Both teams played great defense and the coaches did a good job having their teams ready for a battle. This one is what girls basketball is all about. To our senior class, way to close out your careers at LCHS. You put your stamp on this team. If you play like that through the tourney, we'll be back in the Boro. Good luck to Cookeville in their tourney action next week. It ought to be a good one. :):)