D2 west region

chippermha

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you said that Harding didn't really lose that ECS game, that offended a lot of people, because no one was really sure what you meant by that. What your comment seemed to imply (although you didn't actually say it) was something like: the refs called a bad game and Harding SHOULD have won the game because they didn't LOSE it. That's just the way it came across. I know Ego gets offended by stuff like that, because he loves basketball, used to play, and used to go to Harding. I know he knows Coach Froedden well, and he hates to see anything like that said.

But please do explain what you were trying to say when you said that.

:D

I would expect that most people knew exactly what the Harding poster meant. I respect anyone's opinion as to who has the best team or who the best player...after all it is an opinion. That being said, Harding posters (with the exception of Ego) do seem go overboard in their enthusiasm, especially when they lose. It might be more fitting for their initials to be WSCA (Woulda, Shoulds, Coulda Academy) instead of MHA. ;)

That's pretty good Edmund.

I think the best team in the state is Father Ryan. They lost to BA but their best player has been banged up. They play the best defense and have the second best shooters in the state overall (behind Harding). They also have decent size overall since their guards are all 6'2 or 6'3.

I think the next best TEAM is Harding. Now I haven't seen Harding play much this year, but they have the most talent in the west player to player. I don't know why they aren't playing as well as they should be. I would have Rodriguez and Trey Williams and Bradford taking most of the shots. I think for Harding to win, those three guys have to be the ones scoring.

I think the team that gives Harding the most trouble, is Lausanne. I say this because Lausanne has the best center in the league, and Harding likes going inside to shoot layups. Harding doesn't have a player over 6'2...so I don't know how you exactly guard Gasol.

It's such a toss up this year. The only real time I would say that there was a clear cut favorite who won the region would be the first year. MUS had UNC signee Richard Moore, Michael Black, and a few other players. MUS seemed unstoppable then, and they beat a good ECS team led by guys like Chris Dickens. It's worth noting...that MUS later went on to lose to BGA in the sectionals ending their run.

Good luck to all the teams, please post any information when possible. Are there any audio or internet broadcasts of this game on the MUS website or other school websites?

I hope to be at the tournament today. ECS plays Briarcrest at 3, and all the rest of the games should be good today. I missed the Father Ryan game, and I haven't seen any of the Middle or East Tennessee D2 schools yet either. I thought Harding looked very good in their second game against ECS. I did not think either team looked very good the first game. I would rate the top three teams (in no particular order) as ECS, Harding, and Lausanne. ECS beat Lausanne the first game of the year (as they did last year), but the key was when Carlos Taylor fouled out midway through the fourth quarter. For either Harding or ECS to beat Lausanne they either have to get Gasol in foul trouble, or play a very uptempo game to tire Gasol out. If they play a halfcourt game, Gasol's size is just too much of an advantage. MUS is always dangerous on their court, and Baum is very good at this level. The most unpredictable will be today. I wish each team well, and look forward to the results, and I certainly hope the West sends someone to State this year.

Briarcrest upset ECS tonight by i believe 17 points. Lausanne defeated CBHS by about 20. Bishop Byrne defeated MUS by 10 or 12. Harding beat SBA by about 10 or so. So tomorrows games will be Briarcrest v.s. Byrne. Harding v.s. Lausanne. Good luck to all teams.

[Edited by Cocky on 2-27-03 9:57P]

Cocky, Harding got the win by 17! Playing against the 4 corners. OOOOOOO! Gasol v.s. Williams and Bradford, can't wait.

Trey lampkin, im calling you out. I go to Harding and i know you run your mouth. But im congratulating you on backing that up. I heard from many people (from many schools) that you came out tonight, played team ball, didn't yell and scream and kept your mouth shut, while you had arguably one of your best games of the year. So Trey, my hat is off to you.

BTW, thank you Briarcrest for showing how overated ECS is. We all apreciate it. And we hope you beat Bishop Byrne, so maybe we can play you in the finals if we can beat a very good Lausanne team.