best pitchers you have ever faced

WH05

Even though I have never faced any of these pitchers(due to the fact that I am a Male.), I am kind of surprised that none of you have mentioned Danielle Catalalno from Coffee County and currently pitching for Lipscomb Univ. Did you guys never face her? I think over the course of her highschool career she struck out like 2 out of every three 3 batters and pitched a couple of perfect games.

Oh, by the way, she pitched a 4 hit shut out against Auburn the other day. lipscomb-1 auburn-0

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been alot of good pitchers listed but good isn't the same as BEST. The BEST means someone who can dominate a game by just being on the mound and Jennifer Wright and Megan Rhodes fit that meaning but the BEST EVER to stand on the mound has been left off the list and her name is Danielle Pieroni who will dominate high school softball for the next three years. I'm surprised that Ezell04 does'nt already know how dominating this pitcher is and will be.

I know what Danielle can do. She is only my best friend, but to put her up there with Sara, Megan and Jennifer is jumping the gun a little. Danielle is one of the best pitchers I have ever faced, and yeah for her age is the best pitcher I have ever face, but not quite the best. Just like if you asked her who the best hitter she had ever faced was she wouldn't say me. I don't expect it. She is a hard worker, and that is gonna pay off big.

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 2-24-03 9:03P]

"Here's my list...from my experiences.

1.Valanna Lyons

2.Jennifer Wright

3.Megan Rhodes

4.Sara Meek"

I wouldn't post something like this about a player still in high school, but I wouldn't have Lyons over those 3. Some of the curent players might nor remember a girl named Faircloth, I saw a lot of her at Warner park around 10-12 years ago, and a lot of whiffers did too.

Holly Currie (sp?) is the pitcher from Pisgah. I know it's a Tennessee board but she's played high school and summer ball in Tennessee and Alabama against Tennessee teams. I saw her as a freshman at Soddy-Daisy. I couldn't believe it when I was told she was a freshman after the game. Her team won 1-0, she pitched a no-hitter against a team with eventual 4 Division I college players. The other pitcher did very well too, throwing a two hitter but one of those as a solo home run just clearing the "kiddie field" fence at Soddy, hit by Currie.

Three names left off the list:

Beth Alexander (East Ridge)

Annie Sells sp ?(Notre Dame)

Holly Burris ( Germantown Houston)

Favorite Matchup:

Miles (Hendersonville) vs. Catalano (Coffee)

Catalano is one of the top pitchers in my opinion. She has beaten everyone on these lists that she has played.

Best present pitchers:

1. Megan Rhodes: Lipscomb

2. Ashley Frizzell: Soddy

3. Falon Catalano: Coffee

4. Danielle Peroni: Goodpasture

There is also a girl from a very small private school in Chatt. who can throw the heat! Another left-hander from Richland who is good.