best pitchers you have ever faced

WH05

The best no doubt was Brooke Siebel. She was by far the most completely dominating player as well as pitcher. Brooke made everybody on the field a better player including the opposing team's players. If were playing Father Ryan or the Nashville Eagles or Brentwood Steel, you knew to bring your A game because Siebel brought her's and she expected you to have your's. All players respected Brooke because she worked hard, played hard and loved the game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told myself that I would not respond to this thread out of fear of leaving some deserving pitchers off the list. Alas, I am weak! In my many years of coaching I have seen countless numbers of dominating pitchers. Some had God given speed, others could make the ball move, and some were just bulldogs. Who's the best? Not to offend anyone, I will mention 3 names. Brooke Seible, Carol Mitchell, and Kaci Clark. Brooke pitched for Ryan and Don Lockridge's Nashville Eagles. I forgot the year, but the Eagles won the ASA national title with Brooke at the helm. Mitchell was just dominating with Gibbs in the late 80's. Kaci pitched for Brentwood High during the early 90's. She dominated in high school, but peaked afterward. She pitched for UCLA and I think is still pitching on the Pro Women's circuit. I have to give Kaci the nod for being the best to come out of Tennessee.

Beth Keylon (Randolph) coach at Chattanooga State, was ranked in the top 10 pitchers in the U S her senior year in high school (Hixson) 2 state AAA state championships.

Heather Randolph (Chattanooga Central) pitching coach at

U T Chattanooga 2 times NCAA All American at Carson Newman.

Holley Tucker (Soddy Daisy) 91 state champion. Beat Kaci Clarke 2 of the 3 games Brentwood lost that year. Pitched for Samford (teaching pitchers in Birmingham) one of the reasons that area has improved so much.

Ashley Frizzell, one of the most competitive atheletes ever.

Matched with Hollie Currie last year in Huntsville tournament and gave her, her first loss of the year. If she

doesn't have to pitch every game for Soddy as she did last year (40 + games she threw over 30) she is as tough as their is.

Beth initially went to Louisiana Tech for college. She then transferred to Tennessee Tech. I know this because we were teammates, her dorm room was next to mine, and my glove was broken in by catching Beth for warm-ups. She set many TTU records and OVC records as well. She has been in my mind as I read this thread, but I did not think anyone would know her.

I have not faced any of those mentioned above, but I have witnessed most all of them. Brooke Siebel is without a doubt the most driven softball competitor. What about Rachel Talley or Casey Ellis? What about Jill Booth as a pitcher? What about Lyssa ? from Brentwood a few years back... about 1997? What about Leslie Barron? There have been many good, even great pitchers from Middle Tennessee. Where are these young women now? I know some of them are still in college playing!

What about Rocky C.(?) from Centennial? What about Crystal Bobo?

[Edited by bgmlrh on 2-26-03 2:02P]

Jennifer Wright has never thrown 67 mph. She was clocked at Club K with my neice the last year in high school and she was around 58-60. According to Cheri's gun. Jennifer at her best only threw around 62. I'm going by what she was clocked at by Club K and in college.

sfblcoach is right. I seen her at college night her junior year and she topped out at 59 mph. Now with that being said, people have told me that she has been clocked at her best at around 63-64. A lot of times when a pitcher is big and intimidating, people automatically think they are throwing harder thn they really are.

In the Gold nationals in 2001 she was clocked at 63. Game situations sometimes raise adrenalin levels and speeds increase. She threw 62 at ClubK at as a Junior or at least that was what was on the board there. What ever the speed she throws, she is on of the tops to come out of this area.